Re: Annotating (and discussing) the Required Readings

On 12/01/2015 06:00 AM, Aaron Parecki wrote:
> This is neat, but I still much prefer Github for discussing these
> things. I agree it would be nice if Github didn't use the term
> "issues", since that adds undesired meaning in some cases, but the
> discussion format is good. The times I've seen discussions get wildly
> off topic hasn't been due to the medium, and would likely happen on
> any other medium such as this as well. The more productive threads
> break out the discussion into a new issue when a new topic arises.
> GitHub even shows the link between the two at the point it was
> created, so it becomes easy to see where the discussion went.

What about all the little comments about wording and typos and unclear
sections and small questions?   When I spend 30 minutes reading a spec,
I have probably 20 of those.   I can't do a PR because in most questions
I'm not actually sure what it's supposed to say.    The way I've always
seen those dealt with in the past is with people submitting 'reviews'.
But we don't seem to be doing that much in this WG.   The annotations
approach seems like it might be very nice for that.

Example 'review':
https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ldp-wg/2014Aug/0070.html

For about thousands of other examples, see
https://www.w3.org/Search/Mail/Public/search?keywords=review

What I do is print it out, write on it in pen, then think about it some
more and turn it into an email.  Not sure how others do it.

      -- Sandro