RE: Social Web WG agenda for 11 August 2015

I understand what Aaron and others confirmed below, re: the "Entirely Positive" stories.

I was asking about the stories classified as "Minor Objections" and more. I understood some months ago, it would be helpful if the IG worked through the set of minor objections, to see if we could resolve the objections.  In most cases, those objections hang on relatively minor nuances of language, or the ways in which those stories were written – which appear to be easily resolved with some discussion and modest re-writing.

That's what we, the IG folks, were doing – hosting / facilitating discussion with the objectors, to see if we could resolve the objections. We had some really interesting discussions. But, we had some logistical problems, and not all objectors were in our meeting.  Thus, we suggested holding such discussions during the "off" weeks of the WG meeting time.

We understand the WG is under pressure to deliver APIv1 by the end of this year and do not want to get in your way. At the same time, my understanding is that the IG has greater latitude to document a larger set of stories, vocabulary(s), etc – for future possibilities. Perhaps, for instance, you will want to use the "Minor Objection" stories for APIv2. If we can resolve the issues now, then they'd be ready when you need them.

QUESTIONS:

A)     Would this useful, or not?

B)      If yes, is it helpful to meet during the WG's meeting time, on the 'off' weeks?

C)      What else could the IG be doing that would support the WG's work?

-- Ann

Ann Bassetti
The Boeing Company
mobile:  +1.206.218.8039