Re: webfinger for linked data

On 16 August 2015 at 19:15, ☮ elf Pavlik ☮ <perpetual-tripper@wwelves.org>
wrote:

> On 08/16/2015 03:27 PM, Melvin Carvalho wrote:
> > On 14 August 2015 at 13:24, ☮ elf Pavlik ☮ <
> perpetual-tripper@wwelves.org>
> > wrote:

> typical
> >>
> >> webfinger spec allows querying for URIs using *any* scheme
> >> https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc7033#section-8.1
> >>

> > I have now implemented this:
> >
> > http://gitpay.org/.well-known/webfinger
> Nice! implementing++
>

> > Example:
> >

> http://gitpay.org/.well-known/webfinger?object=melvincarvalho%40gmail.com
> 1. I see you don't use URI, no mailto: scheme

you can add it, it works ... most software will add the mailto: on when
they see an email address, webmail, skype, irc clients do this, for example

> 2. It doesn't seem to support content negotiation for "Accept:
> application/ld+json", in context of this group text/turtle stays out of
> scope.

good point, we are still waiting on what the final mime type of AS2.0,
turtle is supported right now as it is already a W3C REC

when AS2.0 goes to CR it's going to be easier to finalize this part, the
intention is to support JSON LD eventually

> 3. Response doesn't even include melvincarvalho@gmail.com

neither does webfinger

> 4. IMO "resource" parameter recommended by RFC7033 makes sense since it
> doesn't decide if requested URI/Literal needs to appear as subject or
> object in statements. Do you really need to violate that spec?
> https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc7033#section-4.2

thanks for the pointer, that's a valid question, I suppose I could add it
if there is a need ... from memory I thought the value was "subject" ...
"resource" doesnt make too much sense to me form a linked data perspective,
because everything is a resource ... so is the resource a subject, an
object or a predicate?

it's not clear to me whether "resource" should automatically map to subject
from a linked data perspective