Re: revoting on changed user stories

Melvin,

I understand that you disagree with the change that was made. However, it
should be obvious that, in this particular case, there are few, if any,
others who share your concern. This is a consensus driven process and it's
not likely that your argument is going to change any minds. It may be best
to leave this as it is and focus instead on the technical aspects of the
specs, particularly given that the users stories are not an actual
deliverable of the WG.

- James
On Aug 1, 2015 9:23 AM, "Melvin Carvalho" <melvincarvalho@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 1 August 2015 at 17:27, Shane Hudson <Shane@shanehudson.net> wrote:
>
>> I was trying to stay out of this conversation but Melvin, it really is
>> not a change. If I had a recipe for a chocolate cake and changed the title
>> to a coffee cake, anyone following the recipe will still make a chocolate
>> cake. The implementation is wholeheartedly based on the description. Maybe
>> you would change your naming conventions in the implementation, but it
>> would still do the exactly the same thing either way.
>>

> This is kind of a straw man argument.  Do you agree it would make a
> difference in the chocolate desert working group?  Obviously some changes
> are more innocuous than others.  There's really two conversations going
> on.  One is a change does not make a difference *in the general case*.  I
> hope it's clearly that is not true.
>
> The other conversation is that the change *in this case* does not make a
> change.  I'm really happy to have that conversation, tho I think even in
> this case it makes little sense because the user story is about reading and
> writing and the title has been changed to reading -- it's not accurate.
>

>> I really don't think it is worth wasting your effort trying to argue
>> against this, you are doing great work with the implementation so it would
>> be great to see how that turns out.
>>

> I agree it's eating up valuable time.  Hence my opposition to changing
> frozen user stories.
>

>> Thanks,
>> Shane
>>
>> On Sat, Aug 1, 2015 at 3:47 PM, Melvin Carvalho <melvincarvalho@gmail.com
>> > wrote:
>>
>>> Two issues here.
>>>
>>> 1. User stories consist of a title a url and a description.  There are
>>> some in this group arguing that changing the title of a user story is not
>>> changing user story.  It should be clear that this is not the case.  To
>>> illustrate this point, consider renaming SWAT0 to the "Microblogging User
>>> Story".  This would be a much more accurate name, since it was developed
>>> for the original "open micro blogging".  It would be impossible to argue
>>> that this is not a change.  I should think this is self evident, but if we
>>> have to spend time debating this, so be it.
>>>

>>> 2. Once a user story is change, what is the next step.  Voting should be
>>> reopened on the new user story for a period of time.  I suggest 2 weeks,
>>> maybe 3 weeks if that suits better, as some people are on vacation in
>>> august.  In fact in some user stories, there are specific objections to the
>>> title.  After the new voting is closed it can then be put the correct