Re: GNU MediaGoblin

On 11/27/2014 02:21 PM, Jessica Tallon wrote:
> We plan to use URLs as IDs for
> media/comments/collections/activities/etc. and acct:username@host.tld
> for users e.g:
>
>     acct:tsyesika@mediagoblin.mydomain.co.uk
>     http://mediagoblin.mydomain.co.uk/api/comment/1
I assume that you support webfinger based discovery for acct: URIs. Do
you have some example JRD documents it returns?

> The internal IDs should remain completely internal and the API will only
> expose the global URL IDs. If we were writing MediaGoblin from scratch
> today we probably wouldn't have integer based internal IDs.
>
> We currently have some basic support in our models for serialization to
> JSON you can see this:
> https://gitorious.org/mediagoblin/mediagoblin/source/1c8f52daee64a337525ad54a549c6a0e60bb11f0:mediagoblin/db/models.py#L532-594
Thanks, will check it out...

> Some info on what the data those attributes on the User model hold:
>
>     id = The internal integer based ID (legacy)
>     public_id = federated URL like ID which will be used when
> interacting with other servers
>     slug = slug based on the title which is used to create the URL that
> the user will see (i.e. not the API link but the user facing website)
I guess username ~= slug but for 'user'

> The "url" parameter I'm presuming is on the User? This is the users
> personal site that will be displayed on their profile.
I think it could help avoid confusion (especially for future
contributors) if you would use something like homepage, or website for
such purpose.
Sorry if it sounds like nit picking but i really consider *url* as
special keyword possibly useful to distinguish URL supporting Content
Negotiation & HTTP verbs (@id) from static HTML (url) let's say on some CDN.

seeAlso: https://github.com/rvguha/schemaorg/pull/135