Re: ActivityStreams Schema: Hierarchy of Types

☮ elf Pavlik ☮ wrote:

> On 11/08/2014 12:43 AM, Owen Shepherd wrote:
>>

>>> rektide@voodoowarez.com<mailto:rektide@voodoowarez.com>
>>> 07 November 2014 23:03
>>> It's highly disappointing to me to see this working group continue
>>> to run away from the existing vocabulary projects out there and work
>>> to define it's own vocab. There is so much important work to be done
>>> surrounding use cases, yet this group is literally back to square 0,
>>> defining vocabs.
>>

> [...]
>>
>> You cite exclusively Schema.org, which we have excluded for the
>> following reasons:
>>
>> 1. Schema.org is not produced by any standards organization, nor does
>> it have any defined open contributor model. While the organizations
>> behind Schema.org do accept contributions, they hold veto powers
>> over any modifications
>> 2. Schema.org alone is not sufficient for our use cases
>> 3. Several of us find the technical quality of Schema.org lacking. The
>> design of Schema.org contains numerous things which are illogical
>> and badly designed.
>>

> If by saying "we have excluded" you refer to Social WG, could you please
> provide an archive link to such RESOLUTION?

I don't believe there has been any formal resolution on the matter (nor
any call for one), but that is certainly the "rough working consensus"
that I've gotten). There are certainly a number of members who are
likely to -1 any motion which makes us dependent upon schema.org
(something something Tantek something something volcanoes with fax
numbers, for one)

- Owen