Re: Remove "rel" from Link

On 11/03/2014 06:50 PM, James M Snell wrote:
> Yes we do. as:Link serves two purposes:
>
> 1. As a marker class used to indicate that the @id can be dereferenced; and
Sounds like exactly the same aim as hydra:Link
http://www.hydra-cg.com/spec/latest/core/#adding-affordances-to-representations

I hope we can avoid defining exactly the same concept in two different
specifications!

> 2. As the value for properties like "image", "icon" and "url" which
> may need additional metadata specified but do not need to be
> represented as complete objects. (they play essentially the same role
> as the MediaLink in AS 1.0).
I still don't understand, for example in

{
  "@context": "http://www.w3.org/ns/activitystreams",
  "@type": "http://example.org/types/application",
  "@id": "http://example.org/application/123",
  "displayName": "My Application",
  "image": {
    "@id": "http://example.org/application/123.png",
    "@type": "urn:example:image",
    "mediaType": "image/png"
  }
}

We don't need as:Link here, of course we can add it to "@type" just to
hint it as dereferencable. If we want to add additional information
besides just using "@id" as value, we already need to use embeded
object. Of course we can embed only as much of known to us properties as
we want to (not sure what exactly you meant by "do not need to be
represented as complete objects".)

I think we can define rdfs:range of "image", "icon" and "url" simply as
as:Object.