Re: R: Draft functional diagram

On 05/07/2012 06:27 PM, Goix Laurent Walter wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I am sorry I missed the last calls again due to holiday + overlap with OMA calls...
>
> I just checked the diagram (congrats for the artistic skills :) ) and may have misread it (also given I missed the discussion) but I can see comments flowing across social sites through the hub, which I don't think is formally the case as the hub is related to pubsubhubbub and not to salmon. Instead salmon flows are typically direct flows through social sites (at least to my understanding). Incidentally it may happen that some hub implementations also support salmon endpoints but from a spec perspective it would be probably useful to keep them as distinct.

No problem, can keep them distinct. Salmon hasn't been as widely
deployed as pubsubhubub, but yes, ideally the social site would have its
own Salmon endpoint and comments would go directly rather than via the hub.

> Potentially social sites could also use different hubs but the depiction of such a generalized scenario may add complexity to the figure.
>
> Last comment: was webfinger hidden on purpose? This is also typically a direct flow across social sites for discovery...

We assumed discovery was already done in this diagram, otherwise you'd
have another "webfinger/SWD-ish" line. SWD is currently being looked at
by IETF.