Re: Re-org of chart

Blaine,

I also think we are in agreement in general and I appreciate the exchange.

re your quote:

"if we start off simple ("I'd like to share this link only with my
friends."), we can create an ecosystem that developers can extend"

Yes, absolutely, a small growing ecosystem should be the goal.

I think the world of data may be a subset of a bigger picture.  For
example, the content I share on Facebook is not for or about being
structured, such as a joke or a picture of my kids.  I think the social
interaction layer could be separated from the data layer and come first.  I
don't have use cases in mind for that though either.

We are coming from different backgrounds I'd think.  I'm coming from the
staffing world and the use case is fairly well defined, but a subset of
what the social web is about.  I'm concerned with matching and ranking the
supply and demand of skills sets.  That has a built in focus that very well
may not apply to more broad use cases like sharing pictures.

I'm not sure what you mean by data coming after social interactions.  I see
a lot of well defined areas that have data first to enable social
interactions, such as sites that use ISBN numbers for books like Amazon or
GoodReads.  Amazon seems like all data first to me, followed by opinion on
individual products.

Lloyd

--
Lloyd Fassett