Re: {ACTION] Complete: Short Summary of Invited Speaker, Dave Raggett

Melvin,

I want to draw your attention to this:

" For example usability was a drawback for P3P, which prevented it reaching its full potential."

The number of ads for CPOs fell after the GWOT program made privacy
obsolete in the GWOT participating jurisdictions (the US, the UK,
Australia, ...). Overlooking the first order effects of policy change on
the adoption of a tool for policy articulation and claiming that the
tool was defective is not useful. You could just as well make the
assertion that since statistical profiling (Engage/CMGI, now defunct)
failed when the Dot Com bubble burst, that deterministic profiling
(DoubleClick, now Google), and therefore behavioral advertising that
exploits corrolated on-line and off-line PII assets, is more "usable",
and that "usability", and not the contraction of the on-line advertising
revenues, explains the non-existence of one business model, and the
existence of another.

Eric