Re: Poll: Who would join Social Web XG(s)? 1 or 2 XGs? Telecons?

Christine Perey wrote:
> I’m a little confused here.
>
> Earlier today we were discussing scopes and frameworks.
>
> Now we've moved off and are taking names.  If your (Harry) question is "are
> there enough people here to do good work on many topics and to do the work
> in multiple groups?" I think the answer from the past hour is there is a lot
> of excitement, a lot of experts monitoring this list and a LOT to do.
Consider this a "Who's here?" poll. Part of scoping and frameworks is
seeing how many people are interested and therefore how much can be
taken on, and therefore whether or not one or two charters should be
made. The concrete output of this listserv should be one or more
charters (leaning to two at this point it appears).

There was a lot of excitement at the workshop, and maybe there are a lot
of people monitoring this list, but I'd like to hear what people say and
what they want a bit more. I'm also concerned people who were at the
workshop are not on this list, and therefore not continuing the
discussion on this list.
> Unfortunately, no social networking operators and, with the exception of Tim
> Anglade, we don't have anyone who is building platforms for social
> networking today.
>
> Why would we want/need to limit our scope to data portability and/or
> semantic web now?

I'm not limiting scope at all. But it seems that the choice was one big
XG with a large charter, or two smaller and more focused XGs, one
focussing more on mapping existing work and another on best practices
for privacy/context/etc. Either is fine with me, just want to see what
people want before I begin doing charter edits again.

To me, as I've said before, half of organizational duties and scoping is
figuring out how many people with what expertise want to regularly
participate.
> Maybe I'm missing a key element.

Hopefully cleared up.