Re: Wiki page on Best Practices

Le 23 janv. 09 à 07:29, Christine Perey a écrit :

> Hello,
>
> While you are reading Harry's updated charter and page, if you are
> interested in reading what I've written on the group discussion of
> concept
> of Best Practices Task Force (and I took the liberty of expanding for
> purposes of further discussions), please go to
> http://esw.w3.org/topic/SocialNetworkingBestPractices
>
> This is not intended to be competitive XG but rather to focus on
> something
> (1) useful for the industry, which is not a set of standards,
>
> (2) could leverage expertise in the group as well as to get people
> from the
> existing commercial social networks to pay attention to this
> activity and
>
> (3) which does not treat (at least not in the current version) the
> topics
> covered in Harry's original charter (e.g., data mining, semantic
> web, social
> media data portability).

Sounds good.
I also think there is a need to "split" the topics between some
dedicated XG / Task forces that reflect particular needs of Social
Netwoking.
To that extend, getting a group re. trust and privacy and another one
dedicated to portability / interoperability seem a good approach, even
if there will certainly be joint work / communication needed between
both.
It seems there's also work on the context-awarness topic, which may be
another one.

Re. the name of the proposed 'Best Practices' effort, I yet suggest to
focus on trust and/or privacy in the title, as the current one sounds
too broad imho.

Best,

Alex.

--