RE: Consolidation of Task-forces

Hello Toby et al.,

Thanks for your note and for volunteering to take a role as editor/co-editor
as well as suggesting that others (who are missing) be approached, informed
and invited.

First, so that we can capture your offer, can you please put your name and
affiliation in the areas of the charter [1] for which you are most
interested?

I agree with your point regarding awareness. It is clear that we do not have
everyone we need to have on the mailing list (yet).
Outreach is an important area of investment for me at this time (before we
really begin assignments, etc).

For several weeks, I have been writing to people and raising their
awareness. I've discovered that, as of last Wednesday, a few of the people
who were at the workshop and who appear interested, are not on this list
yet.

Last week I was at the Mobile World Congress in Barcelona for 4 days. I
handed out approximately 60-70 hard copies of the W3C Workshop report [2] to
people who could be interested in our activity. They were all people in
businesses (not research) so their bandwidth is limited by other priorities.
Today I am following up by e-mail with a "call to action" to those people.

While I am very eager for things to get going, I think that it may be
pre-mature to have a teleconference to "settle" everything before the week
of March 2 unless we are confident that Chris and others who could be
valuable are at least available for monitoring our progress.

Of course, this is a group decision and I'm only one opinion!

Thanks again for your contribution to the outreach efforts!

Christine

cperey@perey.com
mobile (Swiss): +41 79 436 68 69

[1] http://esw.w3.org/topic/UnifiedSocialXG