Re: Settling organizational issues once and for all: Phone conference

Hi Miquel, et al.

I applaud your initiative.
There´s widespread agreement that we need to move on to the
"real" work.

Thank you for the invitation to
moderate the meeting. Of course I am happy to serve the group in any
way I can, however, I´m concerned that I do not have sufficient
familiarity with the W3C codes and procedures.

Perhaps I
can conduct a pre-conference briefing with (and clarify the guidelines).
In addition, I want to nominate the workshop co-chair, Dominique, to
moderate or co-moderate this meeting. We will sort this out
off-list.

While I have expressed my views on the topics up
for discussion on/to the list, I am extremely comfortable with putting the
decisions that need to be made to a vote to the group, IF (as long
as) the meeting is attended by a broad range of voices/representatives of
the social networking ecosystem.

Given that the dates
proposed (March 2 or 4) are 2 weeks out, I will do my best and it is
incumbent upon all of us on this list, to make sure that there is
broad participation of informed people and stakeholders on that
call. The best way, I feel, to get this participation is for those
who are on the list to personally invite your associates.

Thanks!

Christine

> Hi all,
> It's
getting close to a month after the workshop, and the mailing list
> features 120 e-mails. Most of them relate to the group organization
as
> opposed to actual work towards its objectives. Important as
they are,
> I'd like to settle the organizational issues and move
on to the tech work.

> Those with more experience,
please contest me; here goes my (very
> simple) proposal:
>
> 1. Get everyone involved into a phone conference. Those
that can't make
> it, please delegate on someone. No need for big
formalities here.

> 2. Can someone volunteer for
moderation? Christine did a wonderful job
> back in Barcelona,
and I fully trust her moderation neutrality, so there
> goes my
suggestion

> 3. Those with strong views, please send a
_brief_ email with your
> preferred task force distribution and
deliverables to the list.

> 4. Put those to vote, and
get through all these open issues

> 5. Assign chairs,
editors and contributors for each discussed item.

> 7.
Start the tech work

> To make things simple, let me
propose a few time slots, please make
http://is.gd/jRKT. If more than 30% of the people can't
> make it
to the most voted slot, we can try and find new dates. Also

please note that I'm trying to give those who're at the MWC in

Barcelona enough time to catch up, and account for time zones

> Whichever the chosen date, please send your summarized
proposals 2
> working days before the phone conference day.
>
> Does anyone have strong objections or constructive
suggestions to this
> approach?
>
> Miquel
>

> --