RE: Consolidation of Task-forces

Hi Harry,

I'm afraid that I don't agree with this strategy.

The scope of the discussion and the goals of the group are getting
(prematurely) narrowed if we adopt your proposal as outlined.

I am not an expert in W3C procedures so there may be a reason which I have
yet to learn, but I believe that the "spirit" of the workshop conclusions
and CERTAINLY the interests of the industry at large would be better served
if we keep the task forces as they are proposed, or adjusted by those who
participate in them, and have separate telecons for each with a monthly
telecon between editors/chairs to share progress of deliverables, etc.

I, for one, will not want to attend a discussion which will need to take
place on the Interoperability/portability topic, but I am very interested in
the topic of Distributed Architectures. Likewise, I see your point about
Context and Security/Privacy, however I believe that the protocols and the
challenges are quite different.

The Landscape Task Force is to provide an overview of industry activities
which are actively working towards the fulfillment of the potential of
social networks, not to get into debates on the nitty gritty (but very
important) details of how the flow of messages/engagement of users in
communities is measured (one of the topics for the Business Practices task
force).

My two cents on this for the record.

Christine