Re: Invited expert - Change of policy?

On Apr 6, 2009, at 7:44 PM, Harry Halpin wrote:

[snip]

> ... as both formal decisions and editorship require a level of
> commitment, and an explicit agreement to the W3C RF Patent Policy.
> Therefore, I would strongly advise those wishing to be deeply
> involved in the group to apply for Invited Expert status, and expect
> little problems in this regard. To reiterate DanBri's earlier point,
> the public e-mail list will be open to the public (of course!) and
> telecons will be as well.

Hi Harry, et al

Yes, this is exactly how we would like to handle the participation at
the Social Web XG.  We will grant Public Invited Expert status to
almost anyone who applies, securing this way a broad participation but
at the same time allowing the Chairs to clearly identify the level of
commitment.

Public Invited Experts do not have access to Member resources.  This
should not be a problem since per charter, you are planning to conduct
your work in public, i.e. using public-xg-socialweb@w3.org and
archived in public space [1].

Best,

Mauro