Re: Implementations (former: User stories for Social API)

> On 11 Feb 2015, at 10:51, ☮ elf Pavlik ☮ <perpetual-tripper@wwelves.org> wrote:
>
> On 02/10/2015 09:28 PM, ☮ elf Pavlik ☮ wrote:
>> On 02/04/2015 06:22 AM, Evan Prodromou wrote:
>> Please:
>>>
>>> * Feel free to update the user stories.
>> I just edited partialy the wiki page to use Stories & Groupings approach
>> we discussed during telecon.
>>
>> * https://www.w3.org/wiki/Socialwg/Social_API/User_stories#Stories
>> * https://www.w3.org/wiki/Socialwg/Social_API/User_stories#Groupings
>>
>> I also added to the very top of the page:
>>
>> * use new sections with fragment links to stories to create groupings
>> (see e.g. [[#Social Profiles]])
>> * additionally you could use fragment links to tag stories (e.g.
>> Groupings: [[#Profiles]] [[#Economy]])
>> * do not rename stories! it will break links pointing to them from the
>> groupings.
>>
>> Makes sense?
> I also created *Implementations* section
> https://www.w3.org/wiki/Socialwg/Social_API/User_stories#Implementations
>
> Including Open Platforms & Proprietary Platforms
>
> This way we can keep track on implementations. I already reached out to
> Diaspora and Friendica communities, tracking it in
> http://www.w3.org/Social/InterestGroup/track/actions/1

I don't think that it is appropriate that the User Stories page contain an
implementation section.  That should be on a different page, and it can
refer to this one. We are here to build the standards  which we can
implement. User Stories are here so that we can refer to them when we
discuss protocol issues to see if we are not missing out on a story
by making a decision.

> Evan, could you use [[#Pump.io]] grouping to collect stories that you
> have already implemented?
>
> Bill, could you maybe track implementation in [[#IBM Connections]]?
>
> Ann & Adam [[#Beoing inSite]]? :)
>
> I would see it also very helpful if someone working on implementation of
> particular use case could try documenting how one of existing mainstream
> proprietary network already have it implemented with their proprietary
> silo APIs. This way we can follow-up on our API research
> https://www.w3.org/wiki/Socialwg/Social_API/Patterns
>
> I will pick one or two stories and write how Facebook implements it,
> which will take me closer to claiming victory on "Expand on Facebook
> APIs" ACTION http://www.w3.org/Social/track/actions/11
>
> Cheers!

Social Web Architect
http://bblfish.net/