From: Larry Hawes [mailto:larry@dowbrook.com]
Sent: Thursday, October 16, 2014 7:43 PM
To: Lloyd Fassett
Cc: public-social-interest@w3.org
Subject: Re: Re: Update from Social WG call yesterday

Lloyd et. al.,

Let me begin with an apology for my recent silence. I've was overseas at a conference last week and have been at a West Coast conference this week. Between travel (I live near Boston) and days and nights full of sessions and meetings, I simply haven't had time to deal with W3C matters. I'm sorry for that.

I'm glad that Lloyd picked up the ball and suggested a meeting time for next Monday. Unfortunately, I am traveling to yet another conference then and will not be able to participate. However, that should not keep those of you who can meet from doing so. Please continue the discussion on building at least one well-developed use case that we can hand to the WG at TPAC.

It would be helpful to understand what specific social actions related to profiles and their federation are to be included in Activity Streams 2.0.  If we had that information, we could develop a use case that would include many of them. Even better, we could also identify other actions that may be needed and incorporate those as well, so they can ultimately be considered in the syntax work of the WG.

What do people think of that approach? If it's judged to be sound, can anyone in the group, perhaps James Snell, provide a list of Actions included in AS2.0?

Best,

Larry

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Larry Hawes, Principal
Dow Brook Advisory Services<http://www.dowbrook.com>
E: larry@dowbrook.com<mailto:larry@dowbrook.com>
P: 978-238-8534

<http://www.dowbrook.com>[cid:image001.png@01CFEDFF.9EAD88D0]<http://www.dowbrook.com/><http://www.dowbrook.com>

---- On Wed, 15 Oct 2014 14:50:57 -0400 Lloyd Fassett <lloyd@azteria.com<mailto:lloyd@azteria.com>> wrote ----
Arnaud,

Thanks for the clarification on Tantek's point. I agree the point was about examples, not really about if Actions are needed at all.

Our IG meeting today was cancelled and the next one was suggested for next Wed, so after the next WG meeting.  We have 18 Use Cases to sift through here http://www.w3.org/wiki/Socialig/Use_Case_TF/Social_Data_Syntax/Profile_Scenarios<http://IG%20Task%20For%20Use%20Cases>

Would people be able to meet at 10am PST / 1 PM EST (etc.) on Monday to start making a run at the list?  TPAC is just the next week after that anyway.  If others can meet earlier the group should, though I can't be there.

Lloyd

Lloyd Fassett
Azteria Inc.
Bend, OR