Re: Workshop Announcement

On 05/13/2013 11:10 PM, Crawford, Mark wrote:

> Does anyone know what the holdup is in getting the workshop
> announcement out of the W3C?  I spoke with Jeff J. last week and was
> assured the workshop had been approved and that the announcement was
> intended to be released the first week in May.  IT is now almost the
> middle of May, and still now announcement.  Because we have date gates
> as part of the announcement, it would seem to me that it is essential
> that we get this out yesterday, and not delay it any longer.  Harry,
> Jeff, or anyone else from W3C monitoring this list, please let's get
> this done.

Note W3C management approved the first week of May.

Of course we're monitoring the list. We are also trying to settle the
precise date for the May E2.0 event as well as get a few more players
(Crushpath, Monica Wilkinson, etc. to confirm to the new dates). We were
hoping to have this settled by today to launch Tuesday, it appears that
we may have to launch Thursday. Overall, I think that's still enough
time. It's better to do a single launch well than a quick launch no-one
notices.

We will discuss how to get the CFP far and wide tomorrow on the
SocialBiz call.