FW: Social / Communities as explored at very big company

Here's one of the docs I sent to the Social Web Headlights Task Force.  For some reason I have to send the other document via a 2nd email.... to follow immediately.

  -- Ann

From: Bassetti, Ann
Sent: Friday, March 30, 2012 11:57 PM
To: 'Jeff Jaffe'; Evan Prodromou; Harry Halpin; sunruinan@huawei.com; Romascanu, Dan (Dan); Blaine Cook; Shawn Henry; jsmarr@google.com; David Ascher; Steve Holbrook; 'Rich Rogers/Raleigh/IBM'; 'David Robinson/Austin/IBM'
Subject: Social / Communities as explored at very big company

Hello All --

(First, I cannot figure out if there is a mailing list for the Social Web Headlights team.  I tried to address everyone I think has been on previous lists.  Please forward with my apologies if I inadvertantly left someone out.)

I am attaching 2 documents which I hope illustrate the complexity of considerations when discussing 'social networking' or 'communities' in a very large company such as Boeing.  As I say in the preamble, this work was not finished and is not presented as definitive.  I merely want to shed light on how this looks from our vantage.

We are very actively engaged with deploying and exploring the possibilities of 'social' within Boeing.  Nonetheless there is constant tension between needs for rigorous security, records retention, etcetera and etcetera.

I would be happy to enter these into a W3C wiki, if I knew which one is appropriate.  Perhaps the Social Business CG wiki?

I hope this is useful -- Ann

Ann Bassetti
Associate Technical Fellow
Boeing Information Technology