W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-soap-jms@w3.org > September 2011

ACTION-257: Ran the link checker... committed a whole bunch of minor fixes...

From: Eric Johnson <eric@tibco.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2011 11:49:01 +0200
Message-ID: <4E6F270D.5030804@tibco.com>
To: SOAP-JMS <public-soap-jms@w3.org>
OK, so I had been assigned ACTION-257.


Except - when I went to look, there was absolutely nothing to do, 
because that section of the pubrules report only applied to compound 

Maybe we meant for me to do something else?

In any case, I took the opportunity to run the link-checker, and that 
found a whole bunch of issues (missing trailing slash ("/") on a whole 
bunch of W3C URLs, plus a bunch of legacy URLs that performed permanent 

I fixed those links, and committed my changes. So at this point, I'd 
like to declare my action item complete.

Most curious stale link error didn't even come from our .xml file, but 
rather, from the XSLT file. That send me on a mad chase to figure out 
why that was out-of-date.  I ended up emailing all of the other W3C 
chairs, and found myself thrown down the rabbit of fascinating 
complexity. Some notes:

  * Many WGs have long since stopped using the XSLT file we use. There 
are apparently three others - but they weren't documented on the 
official guidelines page (now they are) - so I don't know how we would 
have found out about them....
   * ReSpec
   * Anolis
   * CSS postprocessor


  (In any case, I don't recommend that we switch, just thought you all 
might be curious.)

  * Other teams have made the same edit to the URL that I found. The 
xmlspec.xsl file has since received its first update in six years, after 
I raised my issue.

  * Many teams do their own customization of the XSLT file, and haven't 
been sharing back....

Received on Tuesday, 13 September 2011 09:50:31 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.4.0 : Friday, 17 January 2020 17:24:49 UTC