RE: RE : WS-Addressing

Disclaimer: I do not want to "bother" specifically this WG
Most of the dialog difficulties seem to derive from the fact that I am trying to talk to "WS-* as a whole", or at least to W3C as a whole; unfortunately, the relevant specs are spread on IETF, OASIS and W3C, and JAX-WS in java.net.
But behind the curtains, it is quite oftem the same people from the same companies and fortunately WSA and SOAPonJMS are all W3C.
As a  user, I seek guidance on how to assemble these pieces in a vendor-independent way, programming in JAX-WS.
ws-i.org has apparently failed to accomplish anything beyond the most obvious MEPs.
So, where whould I ask? I try here, reinforcing hopefully Nathan's questions:

SOAP on JMS draft:
    soapjms:replyToName
   the endpoint is according to the IETF JMS URI scheme

WS-Addressing standard:
  wsa:ReplyTo
  wsa:FaultTo
  + some specific semantics for anonymous

The WSA endpoints are under the JAX-WS (e.g.) programmer's control.
The soapjms port is under the SOAPonJMS binding implementor's control.
Where should it be explained how these abstractions are related?
Is it so obvious that soapjms:replyToName and wsa:ReplyTo are the same URI that it does not have to be mentionned anywhere?
What about FaultTo?
What about anonymous?

In a similar vein:
wsa:MessageID and wsa:RelatesTo are under the JAX-WS (e.g.) programmer's control.
JMSCorrelationID and JMSMessageID are under the SOAPonJMS binding implementor's control.

I understand from Eric's answer that these are unrelated. In a way, the binding code can "relate" them, but this is irrelevant for the programmers and the run times (APIs and protocols) on both sides of the connection.

>From your experts' standpoint, all of this is of course trivialities and should be left as an exercise to the reader :-)
>From my user's standpoint, it is better written down than assumed obvious.

A more political view
Pleeeease, be pedagogical and get out of the ivory tower or we will all go the EJB2 way; WS-* is badly suffering from its complexity, it becomes a hard sell for many projects. RESTful is so much more fun these days!

So definitely, an end to end description of how we can program in JAX-WS on SOAP on JMS an asynchronous on-the-wire Request Reply MEP would definitely help. My experience is that if you really TRY to program this and interoperate it between e.g. IBM WMQ and Tibco EMS, you will discover holes in the chain of specifications. (It is quite the case with the supposedly time weathered http binding)

Good luck to all
--
Jacques Talbot - Teamlog 10 rue Lavoisier - 38330 Montbonnot
Tél: 04 76 61 37 12  Mél: jacques.talbot@teamlog.com