From: public-sml-request@w3.org [mailto:public-sml-request@w3.org] On Behalf Of C. M. Sperberg-McQueen
Sent: Monday, January 19, 2009 11:51 AM
To: Kumar Pandit
Cc: C. M. Sperberg-McQueen; public-sml@w3.org
Subject: Re: schema display

On 19 Jan 2009, at 11:51 , Kumar Pandit wrote:

> I don't get an error when viewing it in IE7.
>
> I don't know the target segment that will view this document
> therefore I don't know if the presentation is appropriate or not. I
> see 2 problems with the current representation:
> 1. all xsd source is in a very long single line which is hard to
> understand for types/elements whose definition is long.

In sml-if-schema.xsd or sml-schema.xsd, or both?

I don't have the problem with sml-schema.xsd, because I broke the lines
manually.  In sml-if-schema.xsd, this is the well-known problem
raised in
bug 5492:  the current editorial production system produces these long
lines, and we don't currently have an automated way to fix them.

> 2. if the text inside <xs:documentation> is to be shown separately
> as a note then it could be removed from the xsd source to improve
> readability.

Yes, I've thought about that, but ultimately decided it was better not
to do so, so as to allow the reader to see the entire source declaration
as it appears in the source.

> I have not reported bugs in MS products externally therefore I am
> not certain about the right channel for it. You can try visiting
> http://support.microsoft.com/oas/default.aspx?&gprid=8722& to
> report IE7 issue. Alternatively, if you send the bug description
> and a test case to me I will forward it directly to the product team.

Thank you.  I'm working on getting a minimal example that exercises the
issue.  I'll send it along when I have one.

--
   C. M. Sperberg-McQueen, W3C XML Activity
   http://www.w3.org/People/cmsmcq