Re: results of MS validator run against cosmos tests downloaded on 1/15/09

The test plan only gets updated at iteration build boundaries (and there
might be even more process hung on it than that, I'm not sure).  I can run
the generator against a workspace containing all the patches from my
previous email and mail the output, if it helps.  The next planned
iteration is in early Feb (2/4 code cutoff IIRC).

+1: When a test is incorrect, the result returned by an implementation
cannot really be trusted.
It is also true that a test case need only be uniquely identifiable +
resolvable in order to be unambiguously discussed and run through code. It
need not reside in CVS at that particular point in time, although having
them all in one place certainly reduces the complexity.  You know the
saying: you can have it cheap, fast, or simple ... choose any two.

My previous email contained the URLs (2 bugs + 1 email) where the
revised/new test cases could be found precisely because there is (always)
a delay + work in getting them integrated.  In cases where SML commented
on existing tests and the COSMOS folks agreed to make the changes, the
revisions on the integration queue are found in the bugs (that is what the
committers pull from).  In cases where SML asked for new test cases,
COSMOS is not going to integrate them until the known implementers agree
that they are valid (short-circuiting at least one run of the "oops" loop
& its delays).  Sandy and I have reviewed them for IBM; if Microsoft finds
no problems, they can be queued for integration into CVS.  If you do find
problems, please just state the problems (do not update them to fix the
problems, or say what those updates should be, so the IP is clean).

Best Regards, John

Street address: 2455 South Road, P328 Poughkeepsie, NY USA 12601
Voice: 1+845-435-9470      Fax: 1+845-432-9787