RE: defect lifecycle diagram - 2 more cases not covered..

From: John Arwe <johnarwe@us.ibm.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2007 10:16:19 -0400
To: public-sml@w3.org
I always read the target to indicate prioritization, regardless of its
state.
Thus a current-draft-targetted editorial bug would ordinarily be serviced
preferentially over editorial bugs lacking the current draft target
qualification, all other things equal.
I have no objection if we require target draft to be set when a bug
transitions into editorial, however I think we must allow target draft to
be set earlier.
We used target draft (and P1/P2 within a draft) during July for example on
non-editorial bugs to indicate what order we thought they needed to be
resolved in, regardless of whether the next immediate step for any given
bug was to author a proposal, discuss a proposal, or do editorial updates
once a proposal had been agreed to.

Best Regards, John

Street address: 2455 South Road, Poughkeepsie, NY USA 12601
Voice: 1+845-435-9470      Fax: 1+845-432-9787