Re: UPDATED AGENDA and Survey - AGWG & Silver joint Meeting May 18th 2021

Hey all,

Based on my comment / question from yesterday and the Chair meeting for
today I would just like to send you all a blog post from Rian where she
summarizes concerns I've heard a lot last year from many different people.

https://level-level.com/blog/we-need-to-talk-about-wcag/

We all want to create awesome guidelines with brilliant explanations and
work hard to provide these, but sometimes it is very, very, good to reflect
on what we do and where possible ask the hard questions if we are on the
right track.

Personally I do not have the perfect answer, but it would be great to have
a thorough discussion about the critical notes from the community.
It might be that we can do more than only wait a couple of years till
SIlver might be mature enough to use, *and IF Silver solves the critical
notes!*

Starting with all Github issues, fixing what we know is broke, might be a
good starting point, next to maybe really thinking on what we would like to
achieve in the "short term" with WCAG 2.3 (?) (if we go that way)

For me it feels like the WCAG WG and all related sub-groups
are exponentially growing (too ?!) fast and this might result in even
more cluttered documentation and it is very hard to keep track on things.

Don't shoot the messenger ... :-) Love you all, and hope this
positive critical note helps us steer into the good direction!

Cheers,
Jake