Re: [Conformance] Third Party Draft Updated

Hi all,

I've been watching this third-party thread and feel I need to chime in. I also feel like I need to blow the lid off of something that is relevant to this.

I was a contractor at Amazon for 14 months. Amazon made a backroom deal to switch from DocuSign (which is accessible) to AdobeSign, which is an inaccessible piece of garbage, in exchange for using Amazon's AWS services. Blind people literally have no idea what contracts they are signing because they are not screen reader accessible.

I applied for an accessibility management position at Amazon and one of the questions they asked during the interview was, "if you had the power to do anything here, what would you do?". My answer was "vet third party vendors before you use them. Do not use vendors that are not accessible. Get rid of AdobeSign" Two days later I was fired.

This is not a difficult question folks. Things are accessible or they are not. There's no middle ground.

Dean Hamack
Senior Product Manager, Digital Accessibility

Cell        206.226.0719
Email     dean.hamack@q2.com