From: David MacDonald <david@can-adapt.com>
Sent: Friday, June 11, 2021 10:28 AM
To: Wilco Fiers <wilco.fiers@deque.com>
Cc: Sajka, Janina <sajkaj@amazon.com>; public-silver@w3.org
Subject: RE: [EXTERNAL] Thoughts on third-party conformance; was Re: [Conformance] Agenda for Thursday 10 June

In my experience with multinations, they have a chunks of their functionally provided 3rd party content and these large corporations have a lot of influence over 3rd parties… as a result I’ve worked with many 3rd party providers who were trying to meet conformance in the context of the larger sitr where they were hosted.

If the web site is off the hook for 3rd party content… the 3rd party is likely not accountable to anyone because its hard to know who they are or where they are… and the web site is still inaccessible.

It might also motivate companies to farm out large portions of their site to 3rd parties…

Also, there may be a blurry line between 3rd party content and content that was coded by a third party, such as an agency?

I would be shy to exempt 3rd party content.