Re: Extending CFC - Publish WCAG 3.0 as FPWD

On 30/10/2020 21:10, David Fazio wrote:
> A close colleague made this post a short while ago
> https://www.linkedin.com/posts/hoeckner_w3c-accessibility-guidelines-wcag-30-activity-6727553548776722432-RRWe
> <https://www.linkedin.com/posts/hoeckner_w3c-accessibility-guidelines-wcag-30-activity-6727553548776722432-RRWe>
>

> Is this the preview? It’s going around LinkedIn as our draft

That's linking to the Editor's Draft. "Working Groups and Interest
Groups may make available Editor’s drafts. Editor’s drafts (ED) have no
official standing whatsoever, and do not necessarily imply consensus of
a Working Group or Interest Group, nor are their contents endorsed in
any way by W3C."

https://www.w3.org/2020/Process-20200915/#maturity-levels

A "First Public Working Draft" is a bit more formal, and it's the first
step on the proper path to eventual publication as a W3C-endorsed
Recommendation. "First Public Working Draft" doesn't mean that it's the
first time the public gets to look at the work, but that it's the first
official Working Draft.

Patrick H. Lauke

https://www.splintered.co.uk/ | https://github.com/patrickhlauke
https://flickr.com/photos/redux/ | https://www.deviantart.com/redux