Re: Scoring and Dashboards

I completely agree that clients want dashboards and they want to know
how they compare with themselves over time. No question.

I think the important issue here, is do they want the features of their
dashboard set as a standard requirement?  I think that all accessibility
tool makers provide different features and they use the difference
between those features to both to distinguish themselves competitively
and to meet the needs of specific industry sectors.

I think we could do harm to the industry if we started writing
requirements of what was needed in a dashboard and how to do it.

I think our job is to write the accessibility standards that industry
needs harmonized around the world, without telling tool makers how to
build their tools and what features to put in them. I don't think W3C
belongs in the dashboard business. Deque, Tenon, Site Improve, (to only
name a few who responded to this thread) are in that business and know
best what they want to give the customers they serve.  Different
industries or  sectors want different dashboards.

I would never argue the importance of dashboards and measuring
performance over time.  I don't think standardization is needed there,
and could actually stifle innovation.

jeanne