Re: Extra normative level?

Actually, Alastair did not propose a testable statement.  We know from
the Silver research that testable statements are very difficult for
people to understand.  Great for computers, but not so good for people.
I would be opposed to normative testable statements.  Alastair proposed
a functional outcome, which is easier to understand.  I want to make
things easier for the testing companies wherever possible, but not at
the expense of being able to include nuanced guidelines that COGA and LV
need.  I don't want to make Silver into WCAG 2.3.

There is a place for testable statements in the informative tests,
because the testable statements make sense when they are technology
specific, Process-lightweight, and easily updated for evolving
technology and disability needs.

jeanne