W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-silver@w3.org > July 2020

Minutes from the Silver XR subgroup

From: Jeanne Spellman <jspellman@spellmanconsulting.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Jul 2020 14:56:58 -0400
To: Silver Task Force <public-silver@w3.org>
Message-ID: <c23e1c0c-29a8-3baa-32d8-cf8f2345055e@spellmanconsulting.com>
== Summary ==

  * The Immersive Web Working Group updated an editor's draft of the
    WebXR Hand Input module API.  This is not directly related to the
    Silver XR group, but is of interest for  those following along. 
  * We reviewed the people and groups that we are coordinating with on
    XR captioning.
  * We discussed the XR Access Symposium that many group members
    attended last Monday and Tuesday. The captioning breakout session
    was led by Christopher Patnoe of Google who leads the W3C Immersive
    Captioning Community Group.
  * We discussed any changes or updates to our User Needs in light of
    discussion at the XR Symposium.  We discussed seizure triggers and
    requested contact with some researchers working in this area.
  * We discussed that when captions are attached to objects that there
    is a need to set boundaries on captions becoming infinitely small or
    infinitely large.
  * There was a participant in the XR Access Symposium who offered to
    connect working groups with researchers or participants in the deaf,
    Deaf, and deaf-blind community.
  * We looked at updates to the Functional Outcomes document and briefly
    discussed tagging.  Mike will present Functional Outcomes to the
    Silver meeting.
  * We will begin working on tests next week.  Mike would like to reach
    out to ACT to see if there are tests that apply to XR.
  * We will check back with the expert who is preparing a demo to show
    us of his research.  We will invite other interested groups to see
    it when we have a date.

== Minutes ==

Received on Monday, 27 July 2020 18:57:12 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.4.0 : Thursday, 24 March 2022 20:31:48 UTC