Summary & Minutes of Silver Conformance Subgroup meeting of 3 September 2019

From: Jeanne Spellman <jspellman@spellmanconsulting.com>
Date: Tue, 3 Sep 2019 20:42:20 -0400
To: Silver Task Force <public-silver@w3.org>
== Summary ==

We started discussing two new documents based on the discussion we are
having on Issue #3 "What should conformance be measuring?" Last week's
call had asked that a spreadsheet be created to allow us to do a rough
scoring of measurement factors so we could see if the results made
sense.  The first document is anarrative describing the measurement
factors in the conformance proposals
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1MqSvCiPqZzkO09mxz-K7IP-U74dFX8dLeHX1XmFZt4Y/edit#>.
We discussed them and made notes in the document (blue highlighted).
Most of the measurements from the first proposal seemed better suited to
guidance to be evaluated than to conformance measures.

Peter offered to write additional information on Amazon's experience
with the WCAG conformance as additional information to feed this
discussion. We will continue looking at other proposals next week.  We
will also start with a narrative evaluation first, rather than jumping
straight to a number evaluation, so we can develop what the rubric
(range of conditions) are.

== Minutes ==

https://www.w3.org/2019/09/03-silver-conf-irc

Note: the technical challenges continue.  The formatted version of the
minutes didn't create because I made the minutes after UTC midnight, so
the minutes were created in 4 Sept and were empty. The raw IRC log from
3 September is available for your reading pleasure.