From: LĂ©onie Watson <lwatson@tetralogical.com>
Sent: Monday, October 21, 2019 2:27 PM
To: Matt King <a11ythinker@gmail.com>; Thomas Logan <thomas@equalentry.com>; John Foliot <john.foliot@deque.com>
Cc: Shawn Lauriat <lauriat@google.com>; Detlev Fischer <detlev.fischer@testkreis.de>; Abma, J.D. (Jake) <Jake.Abma@ing.com>; public-silver@w3.org
Subject: Re: What if Silver didn't have levels?

On 21/10/2019 17:09, Matt King wrote:
Matt wrote:
>[...]

> On the other hand, I am pretty certain hat a standards system that
> does not enable people to draw lines through the gray is certain to fail.

Can you explain why?

We have substantial evidence that confirms the level approach has failed. We know nobody bothers with Level AAA (not even people committed to accessibility really), and WebAIM found that 97% of the million most popular websites on the web have Level A and AA fails.

--
Director @TetraLogical