Re: agenda of Silver meeting of 24 May, 2019

Hi everyone,

I haven't been active in this group for a while since I was doing a
theology/poetry fellowship in Waco, Texas for the last nine months.
However, I wholeheartedly support the mission of making the web accessible
for all. My brother, Clinton has LHON (Leber's Hereditary Optic
Neuropathy), a rare genetic disease he developed as a sophomore in college,
which resulted in him losing all of his central vision. Since then, he has
been a successful teacher of the Humanities at Bloomfield Christian School
and an English Professor at Rochester College. His loss of vision motivated
me to volunteer in this group last winter.

He was accepted into the M.Litt. (Masters) Program at St. Andrews in
Scotland, and is moving there in the fall. This program is in the Institute
for Theology, Imagination and the Arts (ITIA), a research institute at St.
Mary's College, the Divinity School at St. Andrews. However, it's not a
funded program.

All that to say, do any of you know of academics scholarships for the
blind? I'm wondering if organizations like Google or LinkedIn offer these
types of scholarships to exceptional individuals. If you happen to know of
anything, please do send the information my way, and I'll pass it along to
my brother. I'm really grateful for everything you all do to make the web
accessible. I can see first hand how it makes a difference, for people such
as Clinton.

Sincerely,

Kelsey

--