RE: Conformance and method 'levels'

Hi John,

If I’m correct this is the way (most) of us already test, isn’t it?
But then we’ll add a point system on top (instead of only pass/fail) and try to make usability a more explicit part (I do that already but more informal…)
So staying very close to what we already have with the challenge of what “usability” is related to scoring.

The “net result” will be:

New testing = (current test time/money + adding points) + (new usability framework + new expertise + adding point)

Although I do like it (as said, this is how we already test, we even put the usability in front as this can be much more critical) I also know from experience this will take at least twice as much time as regular pass/fail tests. Specially as you have to explain much more and need to convince people the reasons for the needed adjustments.

Will this be a problem if we demand more test / explanation time or will this just be a part of the new model for better A11Y?

Cheers,
Jake

Regards,
Jake Abma