Re: Agenda for Silver meeting of 22 May 2017

Hi Charles (and all),

A version of the GitHub repo with all of Michellanne’s suggestions in the PR can be viewed through this link: https://github.com/w3c/silver/tree/d798cc904e5e924e9545d885a172056bae99696a or directly downloaded through this link: https://github.com/w3c/silver/archive/d798cc904e5e924e9545d885a172056bae99696a.zip . All of her suggestions are in the prototypes folder.

I agree with you disagreeing with the suggestion of picking a framework. It would be amazing to find one that worked for us and was accessible, but I think that the chances of that are very slim. Also, by using one it implies that it may be ‘endorsed’ by Silver as the goto accessibility framework, which is something that we should avoid. However, it would be fairly straight forward for us to come up with a basic semi-framework of our own that had basic stylings etc. in place but I think that the first step has to be getting the information architecture and some content in place – once we have done that then we can start thinking about styling in a bit more detail.

Also, apologies from me for tomorrow – we have some Primary School children (10 and 11 years old!) coming into university all day to take part in a games coding competition!

Best Regards

Mike

[University of Dundee shield logo]<http://uod.ac.uk/sig-home>

Dr Michael Crabb
Lecturer (Human Computer Interaction)
School of Science and Engineering, University of Dundee
+44 (0)1382 385491 | m.z.crabb@dundee.ac.uk<mailto:m.z.crabb@dundee.ac.uk>

[University of Dundee Facebook]<http://uod.ac.uk/sig-fb> [University of Dundee Twitter] <http://uod.ac.uk/sig-tw>  [University of Dundee LinkedIn] <http://uod.ac.uk/sig-li>  [University of Dundee YouTube] <http://uod.ac.uk/sig-yt>  [University of Dundee Instagram] <http://uod.ac.uk/sig-ig>  [University of Dundee Snapchat] <http://uod.ac.uk/sig-sc>

One of the world's top 200 universities<http://uod.ac.uk/sig-strapline>
Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2018