W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-silver@w3.org > May 2018

Minutes of Silver meeting 4 May 2018

From: Shawn Lauriat <lauriat@google.com>
Date: Fri, 04 May 2018 19:12:12 +0000
Message-ID: <CAGQw2hmYhnT0z2BpL=Q=VSO-cFRCOW9TEX0L_Bfs-K1Emwoq8g@mail.gmail.com>
To: Silver TF <public-silver@w3.org>
Formatted minutes:
https://www.w3.org/2018/05/04-silver-minutes.html

Text of minutes:

 [1]W3C

      [1] http://www.w3.org/

                               - DRAFT -

                 Silver Community Group Teleconference

04 May 2018

Attendees

   Present
          Lauriat, Jan, JohnM, Charles, jeanne, Jennison,
          JaeunJemmaku, kirkwood, Anglea

   Regrets

   Chair
          jeanne, Shawn

   Scribe
          Lauriat

Contents

     * [2]Topics
         1. [3]Finalize the GAAD slide deck and plan for
            socializing
         2. [4]Starting the prototyping, Invitation, Github use &
            training,
         3. [5]Project Management plans
     * [6]Summary of Action Items
     * [7]Summary of Resolutions
     __________________________________________________________

   <jeanne> notes on prototypes

   <scribe> Scribe: Lauriat

Finalize the GAAD slide deck and plan for socializing

   Jeanne: I hope people had time to look at the GAAD
   presentation?

   <jeanne>
   [8]https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1jEQ7Ba6_AaLfS3XYXm1e
   Fip1_NU2_JMTWuIICfh_FwY/edit#slide=id.g35702e8f77_1_0

      [8] https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1jEQ7Ba6_AaLfS3XYXm1eFip1_NU2_JMTWuIICfh_FwY/edit#slide=id.g35702e8f77_1_0

   Jeanne: If people are okay with this, how do we want to
   socialize it and send it out?

   Jennison: Sure! We can tweet a link to it, and we (as in GAAD)
   can put it up on our website.
   ... Assuming you want to share it as widely as possible?

   <Charles> I can socialize on the web-A11Y Slack team and other
   #accessibility channels

   Jeanne: Absolutely.

   Jennison: We also have a Facebook group for accessibility
   meetup organizers I can share it to.
   ... are your and Shawn's email addresses on there, in case
   people have questions?

   Jeanne: I'll add that to the final slide.

   <Charles> I am hosting 2 #GAAD events, so I can also share via
   events

   Jeanne: I'll send a note to the list as soon as I've finished
   that edit and have it ready to tweet out.

Starting the prototyping, Invitation, Github use & training,

   Jeanne: I had a lot of conversations and emails this week,
   Angela from Microsoft has joined us and will help manage the
   editor project.
   ... I got an email about managing the prototyping project, and
   another conversation with someone interested in starting to
   work on the user interface prototype.
   ... Related to that, there's a new folder in the Phase 3 folder
   "Prototypes", and I have two folders in there: user interface
   design and conformance.

   <jeanne>
   [9]https://docs.google.com/document/d/12_R5Q_DiAZfkzSRQ6suwGavX
   wuehbX1MLl5DV3jSO9k/edit

      [9] https://docs.google.com/document/d/12_R5Q_DiAZfkzSRQ6suwGavXwuehbX1MLl5DV3jSO9k/edit

   Jeanne: There are a number of emails that I sent out in
   response to people asking what they can do and how they can
   help.

   Charles: A little confused, following this UI project. I don't
   recall hearing the phrase "user interface" in anything we've
   done to date, but that document references work done at my
   table in the design sprint.
   ... If creating an interface, then I'd like to join that
   project, since that's what I do.
   ... The project folder has a document with those who've
   responded positively in helping with that as well.
   ... I also have a person interested in helping with the plain
   language project.

   Jeanne: This is so cool!
   ... about the user interface, it's probably my sloppy language.
   Let me know what the term should be?

   Lauriat: I think we should hold off on the UI design until we
   have info architecture design and multi-role starting points
   sorted out.

   Charles: Most of the discovery aspects would need the
   information design upstream.

   Jill: I more really wanted to get involved in the business
   language part of things, communicating what someone would need
   to do.

   Charles: Where, ultimately, will the guideline reside? Talking
   about a homepage and such, implies that they will reside as a
   site.
   ... I haven't thought of it as such, I've thought about it as
   more of a better way to write it.

   Jeanne: We were thinking about how do we show it? How do you
   bring in people who are usability minded, how do you display
   that?

   Lauriat: I think we need to define "that" before we can do
   design work for that.

   Jill: Are we to the point where we have the technical aspects,
   but we need examples and additional information?

   Jeanne: I don't think we're there yet, but we will need it.

   Charles: I think we have two levels of this, and we aren't
   talking about the same thing at the same time. What I've
   interpreted: we need to have example UI, showing good and bad
   versions of the criteria, but then we need a UI to hold and
   present these things.
   ... My understanding: we have a constraint on the guidelines
   that we need to follow the format of the current guidelines,
   which is just text.

   Jeanne: Ah, okay. No, we have more flexibility than that.

   Charles: That dramatically expanded the scope of work and the
   things I can participate in.

   Jeanne: Cool! We will need to produce a technical report that
   will be the technical standard.
   ... I just assumed that when people talked about databasing all
   the things, this was what we were going to do.

   <Charles> My assumption is that we need the simple language
   translation within a prototype document outline. We could
   prototype a couple additional outlines and then a/b test which
   people prefer.

   Jeanne: When you say a document outline, what do you mean?

   Charles: The way an SC can be written, similar to the table
   four prototype.
   ... make a couple of variants and test them against each other.

   Jeanne: Okay, great! That's really what I meant.
   ... Did anyone have any comments on the invitation and maybe
   how to make it less verbose?
   ... We have our github repo set up, and I've set up a folder
   for prototypes. Along the way, I found training materials for
   how to use github.
   ... How to use github with a screen reader and a training video
   on how to use it. I'll send it out via email.

Project Management plans

   Jeanne: Maybe we should make Friday May 11 Requirements doc
   day, without anything else on the agenda.
   ... on to the project plan.

   <jeanne>
   [10]https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10p-8-v-XqRllBaX_eTi
   XXvyyDYeft8GRiN3_11V3U0w/edit#gid=0

     [10] https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10p-8-v-XqRllBaX_eTiXXvyyDYeft8GRiN3_11V3U0w/edit#gid=0

   Jeanne: We were going to move naming and tagging under IA,
   right?

   Charles: Yes.

   Jeanne: What did we have next for the IA project?

   Charles: Recruit someone to lead it, create tag clouds of SC
   and understanding documents, and a template for organizing
   disabilities by name and categorization.

   Jeanne: We should go beyond the SC and understanding documents.

   Charles: Agreed, just meant as a starting point.

   Jeanne: We'll need to get input on the disabilities one.

   trackbot, end meeting

Summary of Action Items

Summary of Resolutions

   [End of minutes]
Received on Friday, 4 May 2018 19:12:50 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.4.0 : Friday, 17 January 2020 17:23:53 UTC