W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-silver@w3.org > January 2018

Minutes of Silver teleconference of 5 January 2018

From: Jeanne Spellman <jspellman@spellmanconsulting.com>
Date: Fri, 5 Jan 2018 13:07:47 -0500
To: Silver Task Force <public-silver@w3.org>
Message-ID: <9cced73d-6fd6-5a0f-4c91-902e8cf4ef5a@spellmanconsulting.com>
Formatted version of minutes:


Text of Minutes:


       [1] http://www.w3.org/

                                - DRAFT -

                     Silver Task Force Teleconference

05 Jan 2018


           Charles, Imelda, Jan, Jeanne, Kelsey, JohnMcNabb,
           PeteMcNally, Shawn


           Shawn, jeanne



      * [2]Topics
          1. [3]Invites to Design Sprint
          2. [4]San Diego face-to-face meeting invitations &
          3. [5]Plan for Design Sprint
          4. [6]Problem Statements
      * [7]Summary of Action Items
      * [8]Summary of Resolutions

Invites to Design Sprint

    Shawn: We sent out invitations, with largely a positive result.
    ... we planned on different waves of people to invite, waiting
    to see who is accepting before we invite more.

    <Lauriat> Design plan:

       [9] https://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/task-forces/silver/wiki/Design_Plan_for_Silver

    Shawn: starting into the Interpretation phase of interpreting
    the research


      [10] https://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/task-forces/silver/wiki/Design_Plan_for_Silver#Phase_3:_Ideation

    Shawn: we will be doing a Design Sprint on 19 & 20 of March
    ... We will be discussing problem statements around
    Conformance, Usability, Maintenance

    <jemma> hi


      [11] https://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/task-forces/silver/wiki/Silver_Design_Sprint

    extended discussion on the status of invites

San Diego face-to-face meeting invitations & responses

Plan for Design Sprint


      [12] https://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/task-forces/silver/wiki/Silver_Design_Sprint_Proposal

    <Charles> rough format & methodology of design studio workshop:

      [13] https://articles.uie.com/design_studio_methodology/

    Shawn: Start with a short introduction of where we are with
    ... start with the problem statements and talk through an
    introduction of each problem statement
    ... split things up by topic
    ... we need to make sure everyone is on the same page and

    Charles: The way that we do it follows this design studio
    methodology, where the whole group works on the each problem in
    separate groups and reports back to the main group

    Shawn: I like this. I think we should leave the prototyping to
    a couple hours at the end of the day.

    Jeanne: I'm afraid we won't get through all the problem
    statements. We don't have 3 problem statements -- we have 3

    Shawn: I think we won't get through it all anyway.

    Charles: I think that we should give all the presentation
    information in advance

    Shawn: I fear that people won't have the time because they are
    preparing for their CSUN presentations

    Jan: I agree that people should be sent all the info in
    advance. Perhaps we could have a phone call to prep

    Kelsey: I agree that people should be given all the information
    in advance and give more time to prototyping.

    Shawn: I propose we move the Recommended Issues to a separate
    part of the Design Sprint.
    ... I think we need more time on Ideation so that we get more

    Kelsey: Is there someone with a disability who will be part of
    the introductions?
    ... that can be valuable in developing empathy

    Shawn: We are ensuring that many of the people being invited
    are people with disabilities
    ... I think that the empathy can be assumed given who we are
    ... As we go through the steps of solidifying how we are doing
    the design sprint we can see how much time we will have for
    prototyping and experimenting.
    ... that is dependent on how we will structure things

    <scribe> ACTION: jeanne will update the Design Sprint Proposal

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-148 - Will update the design sprint
    proposal wiki [on Jeanne F Spellman - due 2018-01-12].

    Charles: We should say that it will be moderated.

    <Kelsey> I took this class and I think it could offer some
    valuable prototyping resources:

      [14] https://plusacumen.novoed.com/#!/courses/prototyping-2016-1/home

    Charles: it is a free course

    Jeanne: Be careful to respect copyright, and don't put any
    copyright materials in our public space.

    Charles: It is meant to go through with a team together.

Problem Statements

    Charles: I had an action statement to take the information from
    Jemma on Conformance and turn it into the problem statement


      [15] https://docs.google.com/document/d/1iu5b2qSEONzJfi4cq62AFu7C8SoP7Zblcz3uremER04/edit

Summary of Action Items

    [NEW] ACTION: jeanne will update the Design Sprint Proposal

Summary of Resolutions

    [End of minutes]
Received on Friday, 5 January 2018 18:08:17 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.4.0 : Thursday, 24 March 2022 20:31:42 UTC