Minutes of Silver meeting of 27 February 2018

Formatted minutes:

Text of the minutes:


       [1] http://www.w3.org/

                                - DRAFT -

                     Silver Task Force Teleconference

27 Feb 2018


           Jan, Charles, Imelda, jeanne, jemma, Jennison, Kelsey,
           Shari, Shawn


           Shawn, jeanne



      * [2]Topics
          1. [3]Literature Review
          2. [4]Usability survey conclusions
          3. [5]Research Summary for Design Sprint
          4. [6]Updating & prioritizing problem statements
      * [7]Summary of Action Items
      * [8]Summary of Resolutions

    <scribe> scribe: jeanne

Literature Review

    Jemma: Above is the link to the draft of the Literature review
    ... Some of the research you are already familiar with because
    we used it for the Problem Statements for Conformance
    ... I have included a section on Usability, but I have
    struggled with this, because of the many articles on usability
    in WCAG
    ... there are challenges for WCAG, international use, ??, ???

    Shawn: This is fantastic to have done and to be able to include
    it in the information being sent out Friday for the
    participants in the Design Sprint.

Usability survey conclusions

    Shawn: I don't see anything from Dave this morning.

    Jeanne: He is traveling but emailed me saying he would have
    conclusions early this week.

Research Summary for Design Sprint

    Mike Crabb papers: 3 left to do.

    Jeanne: I think they should be our lowest priority because of
    the quality of the student paper research.

    Shari: I agree

    Loiacano paper: Complete, but we should ask permission to
    publish the summary to make sure there are no conclusions that
    she would object to publishing before her paper.

    scribe: Shari will email Loicano today.

    Hollier paper: Shari will finish the Hollier paper tonight, so
    it will be done tomorrow morning

    International translation of the SC Usability study: Dave sent
    Imelda a link so she will help troubleshoot the translation
    problems in SurveyMonkey.

    Conformance Survey: Kelsey will update the raw data to the
    Google Drive. Charles and I will connect on starting the

    Interviews: Jeanne has been working on it, is half way done and
    will complete it today.

    Conference Summary Feedback: Introduction is done, barcharts
    are done, Kelsey is working on the conclusions.

    scribe: the subgroup working on it will meet today to finish
    the conclusions.

    Literature Review: Jemma has asked Shari and David to review it
    before publishing. Shari will be looking at it tonight or
    tomorrow morning.

    scribe: Dave is looking at the document now
    ... Jeanne will publish as a draft, so she can link to it in
    the Research Summary
    ... Charles will also review the Usability portion

    <Charles> sorry, what feedback are you looking for?

    <Kelsey> Where is the link to Jemma's research review?

    <Charles> perhaps ironically, I just wrote a Medium post on
    Accessibility vs Usability

    Job Stories: Imelda agrees to the change to the Job Stories and
    is ok to publish it.

    Is everyone ok to publish?

    <Charles> +1

    Jennison +1 verbally

    <JohnM> +1

    Jan +1 verbally

    <Lauriat> +1

    Imelda +1 verbally

    <shari> +1

    Kelsey +1 verbally

    RESOLUTION: The group agrees to publish the Job Stories as a
    final version.

    <scribe> ACTION: Jeanne to move all the draft copies of the
    data analysis to the CG website

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-161 - Move all the draft copies of
    the data analysis to the cg website [on Jeanne F Spellman - due

Updating & prioritizing problem statements

    Shawn: In order to make sure that we address the highest
    priority problem statements, we need to prioritize it.

    Charles: I added the new problem statement that we discussed on
    Friday. Jeanne commented on it. I have some changes to Jeanne's
    ... for prioritization, I recommend Usability first, then
    Conformance, then Maintenance.

    Jeanne: In Usability, I would prioritize 1) Too Difficult to
    Read, 2) Difficult to get started, 3) Ambiguity, 4) Convincing

    Shawn: I agree

    Kelsey: How are we presenting this to people?

    Jeanne: We will move this paper to the Silver Community Group.

    Charles: For Maintenance: 1)Flexibility, 2) Governance, 3)

    Shawn: From the research interviews, I would rank Scaling as 2

    Jeanne: I agree from a timeline perspective, because we need
    Scaling for the writing the Requirements document.

    Charles: For Conformance: 1) Constraints on what is testable,
    2) Human Testable 3) Accessibility Supported, 4) Monitoring

Summary of Action Items

    [NEW] ACTION: Jeanne to move all the draft copies of the data
    analysis to the CG website

Summary of Resolutions

     1. [9]The group agrees to publish the Job Stories as a final

    [End of minutes]

Received on Tuesday, 27 February 2018 18:10:04 UTC