minutes of Silver Task Force for 8 September 2017

Please find minutes of Silver Task Force today. Thanks, - JaEun Jemma Ku
Formatted version of minutes:

Text version of minutes:
Silver Task Force Teleconference
08 Sep 2017
See also: IRC log<http://www.w3.org/2017/09/08-silver-irc>
Jeanne, Sarah, Dave, Jan, JanMcSorley, Jennison, Jemma, JaeunJemmaKu

  *   Topics<https://www.w3.org/2017/09/08-silver-minutes.html#agenda>
     *   Silver Surveys Strategy update<https://www.w3.org/2017/09/08-silver-minutes.html#item01>
  *   Summary of Action Items<https://www.w3.org/2017/09/08-silver-minutes.html#ActionSummary>
  *   Summary of Resolutions<https://www.w3.org/2017/09/08-silver-minutes.html#ResolutionSummary>

trackbot, start meeting
<trackbot> Meeting: Silver Task Force Teleconference
<trackbot> Date: 08 September 2017
Silver Surveys Strategy update
Groups reviews conformance model survey structure
Dave: Refine this approach, use for other surveys
Jan: Will we have targeted surveys to specific roles?
Dave: Hope this will emerge as we work through questions
... Document available for revision and editing offline
Jemma: We need to clarify what we mean when we talk about conformance
Jeanne: A, AA, AAA — all or nothing conformance
... It's the structure that's set up to say whether or not people pass
... Need to conform or be N/A
... Part of reason WCAG accepted around the world, clear and flexible
Dave: Questions can include "I don't know what this means" option
Jeanne: Want to understand impact of conformance model
... We now have option of not having conformance model
Dave: Need to make sure we focus on exploratory research
Jennison: Will we have a scale in asking "how effective" questions
... Effective, meets needs?
Dave: Conformance model versus guidelines, need to make sure people respond about the conformance model
Jeanne: Could ask specific questions related to A, AA, AAA rather than "conformance model"
... May need to leave some open ended
... Things technologically difficulty in 2008, things that were not readily testable, went into AAA
Dave: Need to learn more about SCs at AAA
... What's best way for digital resource providers to declare conformance
Jemma: Likes suggestion of referencing A, AA, AA rather than conformance model
Sarah: How do we deal with scope and time?
Jennison: Big challenge with multiple releases in a day
... Will these be surveys or interviews?
Dave: Surveys initially, but if some questions are too difficult can designate for interviews
Jennison: Thinking about analysis and results
Dave: With each question, think about type of response and whether we can produce something meaningful
... Exploratory survey, data is more difficult to analyze
Jennison: Are these surveys this group will adminster?
Jeanne: These are ones we are going to do
Dave: Prioritized research questions, identified questions that would work with surveys
... Still have to be reasonable with available time
... Creating process to take research question into sub-questions
Jemma: Do we have schedule/timeframe?
Jeanne: Doing prototype work in March
... Research written up in February
... Research done in November
Jemma: What is activity at TPAC in November?
Jennison: Opportunity to ask research questions, that time is open to how we want to use it
Dave: Questions are ready to be asked in any forum
Jennison: Should put TPAC meeting on agenda for future meeting
... What do need to know for prototyping exercise at CSUN
... Can we push of research questions that we don't need to prototyping
Sarah: Can we figure out what questions we need to answer to use for prototyping exercise
... Pull together everything we have for the prototype exercise
Jeanne: Add to agenda next Friday
Dave: Good to think about priorities for prototyping exercise
... Will help us focus time
Sarah: Even a few perspectives will be helpful to provide context
... Listening lab approach works, themes surface
Jennison: Bay area meeting could be a good context for listening session
... Will CSUN session fall before or after conference?
... Need to publicize so people can make travel plans
Jan: Klaus wants to do special edition of journal, might be opportunity to get research published
... CSUN scientific journal to help support Silver taskforce
... Doesn't have timeline, have not met yet
<jemma> http://www.csun.edu/cod/journal

Jan: This would be a special edition
Dave: Add more comments and suggestions to conformance model questions
... Have translators ready to go
Summary of Action Items
Summary of Resolutions
[End of minutes]

On Sep 7, 2017, at 11:28 AM, Jeanne Spellman <jspellman@spellmanconsulting.com<mailto:jspellman@spellmanconsulting.com>> wrote:

agenda+ Silver Surveys Strategy update
agenda+ Interviews Proposal
agenda+ Open action items https://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/task-forces/silver/track/actions/open<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.w3.org_WAI_GL_task-2Dforces_silver_track_actions_open&d=DwMFAg&c=8hUWFZcy2Z-Za5rBPlktOQ&r=tYy0Yf6x95Anoyy4MyCJ-w&m=_vvJvmwKAhS77aNPrYnOFsF8uezfeCrJ-CrjENK_-f8&s=uvp1Gab9gzhd6BHrY33XX8HC0lvD_cdCc2_TKW_Bf-U&e=> review

== Conference Call Information ==
* IRC channel: #silver  [http://irc.w3.org/<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__irc.w3.org_&d=DwMFAg&c=8hUWFZcy2Z-Za5rBPlktOQ&r=tYy0Yf6x95Anoyy4MyCJ-w&m=_vvJvmwKAhS77aNPrYnOFsF8uezfeCrJ-CrjENK_-f8&s=HrHadLV0XPBsU_pmToXHD8JMRRT6LOboMP1KSpHNYU4&e=> W3C web IRC]

* WebEx for the Weekly Work Meeting Fridays at 9:30 (14:30 UTC) for a 90 minute working meeting

** WebEx URL: https://mit.webex.com/mit/j.php?MTID=m2f5ddabf39219866aa6a6c9bd15d785f<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__mit.webex.com_mit_j.php-3FMTID-3Dm2f5ddabf39219866aa6a6c9bd15d785f&d=DwMFAg&c=8hUWFZcy2Z-Za5rBPlktOQ&r=tYy0Yf6x95Anoyy4MyCJ-w&m=_vvJvmwKAhS77aNPrYnOFsF8uezfeCrJ-CrjENK_-f8&s=bz3iOaPioBZpAvvV2qxGVZrtAJsUnZ4ICatjij6FHzs&e=>
** Mobile Auto Dial:+1-617-324-0000,,,645921417#
** US Toll Number: +1-617-324-0000
** Meeting Number: 645 921 417
** Meeting Password:ask in IRC channel

Received on Friday, 8 September 2017 14:58:00 UTC