Morae and interviews

From: Butler, Shari <shari.butler@pearson.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2017 12:56:02 -0500
To: Silver TF <public-silver@w3.org>
Hi all,

Jan mentioned that Morae was brought up as a potential tool that could be
utilized for the phone interviews. I do not believe that it will work for
this study. It is  valuable for capturing audio/video and "tagging"
variables one is studying. It will not  transcribe the audio so an old
fashioned tape recorder would be more suitable.

I would suggest using Dragon. I've had a decent amount of success with it.
Although it is best when it has learned the speaker's voice, it can be
easily trained. Even without the training, it does a decent job of
capturing the text so limited editing is needed.

my 2 cents....

Talk with you all tomorrow,
Shari

--

Please excuse typos as I am a new user of speech to text software.

Shari Butler, Ph.D.
Director, Accessibility Research and Efficacy
Pearson M: 512-284-3756
  Learn more at pearson.com   [image: Pearson]