W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-silver@w3.org > October 2017

Silver Task Force meeting minutes of 13 October 2017

From: Ku, Ja Eun <jku@illinois.edu>
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2017 15:11:08 +0000
To: Jeanne Spellman <jspellman@spellmanconsulting.com>, Silver Task Force <public-silver@w3.org>
Message-ID: <FE12A7CE-A17A-4DF2-BA53-4E11BA431C0D@illinois.edu>
Here is the meeting minutes scribed by Jan McSorley. Thanks, Jan.

https://www.w3.org/2017/10/13-silver-minutes.html


[3C]<http://www.w3.org/>
- DRAFT -
Silver Task Force Teleconference
13 Oct 2017
See also: IRC log<http://www.w3.org/2017/10/13-silver-irc>
Attendees
Present
Jan, sloandr, Ryan, Jemma
Regrets
Chair
SV_MEETING_CHAIR
Scribe
jeanne, Jan
Contents

  *   Topics<https://www.w3.org/2017/10/13-silver-minutes.html#agenda>
     *   Interviews informed consent form<https://www.w3.org/2017/10/13-silver-minutes.html#item01>
     *   research update<https://www.w3.org/2017/10/13-silver-minutes.html#item02>
  *   Summary of Action Items<https://www.w3.org/2017/10/13-silver-minutes.html#ActionSummary>
  *   Summary of Resolutions<https://www.w3.org/2017/10/13-silver-minutes.html#ResolutionSummary>

________________________________
<MichaelC> drop item 1
<jeanne> drop item 2
<jeanne> drop item 3
Interviews informed consent form
<Jan> Jeanne: We have been discussing how to get interviews started and developing consent forms
<Jan> ... Jeanne has created a draft of a consent form
<Jan> ... the draft is in the Google Drive in the interviews folder, which is in the main Silver Task Force, phase 2
<Jan> Jeanne: The draft file is called, "Silver Task Force Research Ideas"
<Jan> Jeanne: In the draft, we state that the interview will take 30 minutes, but given the number of questions we have, it will probably be longer
<Jan> David: You can put in a range of time (e.g. 30-60 minutes)
<Jan> Jeanne: We can have a version for the conformance project and another version for the legacy project
<Jan> ... the conformance project is targeting policy makers
<Jan> Ryan: Maybe we should put headings for each of the components that people would be committing themselves to
<Jan> Jemma: found a template from Colorado
<jemma> heading examples are 1)What the study is about:
<jemma> 2)What you will be asked to do
<jemma> 3)Risks and benefits
<jemma> 4)Taking part is voluntary 5)Your answers will be confidential
<jemma> 6)If you have questions or want a copy or summary of the study results
<jemma> 7)Statement of Consent:I have read the above information, and have received answers to any questions. I affirm that I am 18 years of age or older. I consent to take part in the research study of [topic of research]
<Jan> Jemma: I sent an example of a consent form to Jeanne
<Jan> David: The interview has to start with verbally verifying that the interviewee has read and understood the consent form. If they have not read it and agreed to it, then the interview cannot happen.
<Jan> David: We need to see if each interview is going to ask the same information, or are we going to dig deeper based on what someone says.
<Jan> ... I don't know enough about the target audience to know if the questions are appropriate
<Jan> Jeanne: The target of this audience are members of the WCAG working group
<Jan> David: Perhaps part of it is reflection on past process and the second part is their opinion on what should happen going forward?
<Jan> Jeanne: This was primarily designed to capture opinions about legacy process. It might be useful to ask for opinions on the future
<Jan> ... "this" is referring to the legacy project
<Jan> Jeanne: We have a pilot person identified and Shawn will conduct the pilot
<Jan> ... we need to write an introduction and should probably draft some follow-up questions, or something like, "what might we do differently with project Silver?"
<Jan> David: Some people that we want to interview were involved and stopped being involved
<Jan> Jeanne: We also need to capture the legacy for UAAG and ATAG
<Jan> Jeanne: We need to add a section for permission to record
<jemma> https://www.techsmith.com/morae.html

<jemma> http://guides.library.illinois.edu/Morae

<Jan> Jan: I will ask Shari about whether or not there are features that would useful for capturing transcipts of phone interviews
<Jan> Jeanne: Are we ready to move forward with the pilot interview?
<jemma> +1
<sloandr> +1
<Jan> +1
<jeanne> +1
<Jan> Ryan: +1
RESOLUTION: Agreed to move forward with the Interview Legacy project with the pilot interview
research update
<Jan> Jeanne: People who are interested in participating with the interview project will be welcome to help, but we have to get the pilot done first
<Jan> David: Had to reschedule with Lowell, but will catch up with him next week
<Jan> ... WCAG usability survey that Sarah has been leading - made some progress with the translations
<Jan> ... ideally we would have URLs that would lead to various language versions of the survey
<Jan> ... Currently working on french, spanish, japanese, and protuguese
<Jan> Jemma: I will do the Korean version
<jemma> ACTION: Jemma will do the Korean translation for the survey [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2017/10/13-silver-minutes.html#action01]
<trackbot> Created ACTION-129 - Will do the korean translation for the survey [on JaEun Ku - due 2017-10-20].
<Jan> David: Thanks to TPG for funding the translation effort and many thanks to the translators. We need to give them acknowledgement - maybe on the Silver site
<jeanne> ACTION: jeanne to create a thank you page for the Silver COmmunity group and enter the TPG and translators contributions. [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2017/10/13-silver-minutes.html#action02]
<trackbot> Created ACTION-130 - Create a thank you page for the silver community group and enter the tpg and translators contributions. [on Jeanne F Spellman - due 2017-10-20].
<Jan> David: Conformance survey - turning the Google doc into a spreadsheet with a research objectives column of what we want to find out
<Jan> ... once we have the more structured version of the survey available, I will share it with the group
<Jan> Jeanne: For the researchers - there doesn't appear to be a line for Sarah's research yet - Sarah needs to be added as a researcher
<Jan> David: Explanation of conformance survey - until now it has been a Google Doc. The next step is to put the survey questions into a spreadsheet which will allow us to be more structured.
<Jan> ... first column is research objectives; second column is a list of survey questions; 3rd column is answer options for each survey question
<Jan> ... this just helps us be more structured as we construct the survey
<Jan> Jeanne: Where is the conformance sheet filed?
<Jan> David: in the research design folder, there is a link to the sheet
<jeanne> ACTION: Jeanne to create an analysis spreadsheet for each the interview projects [recorded inhttp://www.w3.org/2017/10/13-silver-minutes.html#action03]
<trackbot> Created ACTION-131 - Create an analysis spreadsheet for each the interview projects [on Jeanne F Spellman - due 2017-10-20].
<jeanne> ACTION: jeanne to create a separate Interview project page to send to Interviewees. [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2017/10/13-silver-minutes.html#action04]
<trackbot> Created ACTION-132 - Create a separate interview project page to send to interviewees. [on Jeanne F Spellman - due 2017-10-20].
<jeanne> scribe: jeanne
<Jan> https://docs.google.com/document/d/1-1RAJiTvL_zB5Ufky5XZv624bz-9aMbxaiIX1vR3saw/edit

Jan: Michael Heron has his project outlined
... Shawn has prioritized the research goals.
... he would like the Silver TF to prioritize his research goals
... he wants to know where the data from the diary study will be shared.
<Jan> Please add a review of Tyson McMillan's research questions to either Tuesday or Friday's agenda: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1kWK-AJ1MTw9jnh8emitgOauw9tfH4EUAzx-rs9rxcxo/edit#heading=h.n075ea3rgjwe

<Jan> His draft questions are under teacher impact questions and student impact questions
<jemma> jemma: I am assigned to two research partners
<jemma> one we talked to last week and the other one told me that he does not have any updates
<jemma> scribe:Jan
Summary of Action Items
[NEW] ACTION: jeanne to create a separate Interview project page to send to Interviewees. [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2017/10/13-silver-minutes.html#action04]
[NEW] ACTION: jeanne to create a thank you page for the Silver COmmunity group and enter the TPG and translators contributions. [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2017/10/13-silver-minutes.html#action02]
[NEW] ACTION: Jeanne to create an analysis spreadsheet for each the interview projects [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2017/10/13-silver-minutes.html#action03]
[NEW] ACTION: Jemma will do the Korean translation for the survey [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2017/10/13-silver-minutes.html#action01]


Summary of Resolutions

  1.  Agreed to move forward with the Interview Legacy project with the pilot interview<https://www.w3.org/2017/10/13-silver-minutes.html#resolution01>
[End of minutes]
________________________________
Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl<http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm> version 1.152 (CVS log<http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/>)
$Date: 2017/10/13 15:08:06 $
________________________________
Scribe.perl diagnostic output
[Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.152  of Date: 2017/02/06 11:04:15
Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/


Guessing input format: Irssi_ISO8601_Log_Text_Format (score 1.00)

Present: Jan sloandr Ryan Jemma
Found Scribe: jeanne
Inferring ScribeNick: jeanne
Found Scribe: Jan

WARNING: 4 scribe lines found (out of 111 total lines.)
Are you sure you specified a correct ScribeNick?

Scribes: jeanne, Jan

WARNING: No meeting chair found!
You should specify the meeting chair like this:
<dbooth> Chair: dbooth

Found Date: 13 Oct 2017
Guessing minutes URL: http://www.w3.org/2017/10/13-silver-minutes.html

People with action items: jeanne jemma

[End of scribe.perl<http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm> diagnostic output]



From: Jeanne Spellman <jspellman@spellmanconsulting.com> on behalf of Jeanne Spellman <jspellman@spellmanconsulting.com>
Date: Friday, October 13, 2017 at 8:05 AM
To: Silver Task Force <public-silver@w3.org>
Subject: agenda for Silver Task Force meeting of 13 October 2017
Resent-From: <public-silver@w3.org>
Resent-Date: Friday, October 13, 2017 at 8:04 AM

agenda+ Interviews informed consent form
agenda+ research update
agenda+ CSUN plans
agenda+ open action items

--------------------

Conference Call Info

Conference Call information



Note: We now have to use a secure page for the conference call

information.  If you cannot see the page, please email jeanne (

jspellman@paciellogroup.com<mailto:jspellman@paciellogroup.com?Subject=Re%3A%20Agenda%20for%203%20October%202017%20Silver%20Task%20Force&In-Reply-To=%3CCAGQw2hn8Ru9R%3Du-G8vxO8p7ELfU%3D08TxcnFCdMfj-wEyZT5_zw%40mail.gmail.com%3E&References=%3CCAGQw2hn8Ru9R%3Du-G8vxO8p7ELfU%3D08TxcnFCdMfj-wEyZT5_zw%40mail.gmail.com%3E>) and Shawn (lauriat@google.com<mailto:lauriat@google.com?Subject=Re%3A%20Agenda%20for%203%20October%202017%20Silver%20Task%20Force&In-Reply-To=%3CCAGQw2hn8Ru9R%3Du-G8vxO8p7ELfU%3D08TxcnFCdMfj-wEyZT5_zw%40mail.gmail.com%3E&References=%3CCAGQw2hn8Ru9R%3Du-G8vxO8p7ELfU%3D08TxcnFCdMfj-wEyZT5_zw%40mail.gmail.com%3E>) for the

connection.



https://www.w3.org/2017/08/telecon-info_silver-fri

image001.png
(image/png attachment: image001.png)

Received on Friday, 13 October 2017 15:12:17 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.4.0 : Thursday, 24 March 2022 20:31:42 UTC