W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-silver@w3.org > October 2017

Minutes of the Silver Task Force meeting of 6 October 2017

From: Jeanne Spellman <jspellman@spellmanconsulting.com>
Date: Fri, 6 Oct 2017 11:14:48 -0400
To: Silver Task Force <public-silver@w3.org>
Message-ID: <affa57bc-2328-622c-f4ad-612d7a747093@spellmanconsulting.com>
Formatted minutes:
https://www.w3.org/2017/10/06-silver-minutes.html


Text of the minutes:

    [1]W3C

       [1] http://www.w3.org/

                                - DRAFT -

                     Silver Task Force Teleconference

06 Oct 2017

    See also: [2]IRC log

       [2] http://www.w3.org/2017/10/06-silver-irc

Attendees

    Present
           DaveSloan, Jan, jeanne, Jemma, Shawn, Ryan, Josie, Sarah

    Regrets
    Chair
           Shawn, jeanne

    Scribe
           jeanne

Contents

      * [3]Topics
          1. [4]Keeping Sarah involved
          2. [5]Interview IRB report and recommendation discussion
          3. [6]Proposal for CSUN Design Sprint meeting
          4. [7]Research project sheet review & researcher
             reassignment
          5. [8]Open action items
      * [9]Summary of Action Items
      * [10]Summary of Resolutions
      __________________________________________________________

    [11]https://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/task-forces/silver/track/actions/
    open review

      [11] https://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/task-forces/silver/track/actions/open

Keeping Sarah involved

    Sarah will become a researcher, instead of a task force member,
    who will be assigned to Dave

    Pete will be assigned to Dave

    Sarah asks that Stanley be assigned to Jennison

Interview IRB report and recommendation discussion

    Jemma: universities have a process for approving research
    projects and ensuring that they follow ethical best practices.
    ... it requires taking a 5 module online training class

    <jemma> jeanne: how much we will make data "public"?

    <sloandr> +1 to making this interview data private by default.
    I'm *extremely* concerned by the argument it be made public so
    that indivdouals can contact and challenge research
    participants on their views.

    Jemma: Michael's email recommends that since we are individuals
    participating on behalf of ourselves, we are probably not
    required to meet the university ethical processes. We are
    gathering opinions, which is a low impact to participants. That
    said, we should follow ethical best practices.

    <Jan> Actually - I don't need to be on the queue - I just +1
    with keeping dialog private.

    Jeanne: recommendations for keeping it private and secure?

    Jan: We could keep it on our Google drive in a secure folder
    ... when we do research, we destroy the names, so that the
    identity can be protected.

    Ryan: Some of the people will be obvious who they are.
    ... is there a process to de-contextualize the data?
    ... take things about the narrative that are coming up and
    anonymize it

    Jan: There may be people who don't want their information to be
    private, they may want attribution. We should ask them as part
    of the interview process.

    Ryan: Default that the information is private, and people can
    opt out of privacy.

    Shawn: certain statements may stand out, and we can ask them if
    we can quote them on that, and whether they want their name
    attributed.
    ... I don't think we can de-contextualize it, because the
    objective of the interview is to add context.
    ... Let's get back to the idea of doing a pilot.
    ... we need the blurb introducing the questions and giving our
    policy.

    Jeanne: Privacy by default, ask if they want to be quoted, do
    they want their name associated iwth it.

    <scribe> ACTION: jeanne with Ryan to adapt a Informed Consent
    form to what we have agreed on. [recorded in
    [12]http://www.w3.org/2017/10/06-silver-minutes.html#action01]

      [12] http://www.w3.org/2017/10/06-silver-minutes.html#action01

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-126 - With ryan to adapt a informed
    consent form to what we have agreed on. [on Jeanne F Spellman -
    due 2017-10-13].

    <Jan> For some reason, the call keeps dropping

    jeanne: I talked with Judy Brewer about our research questions.
    She recommended that we broaden our questions to include ATAG,
    UAAG, mobile, publishing, etc.

Proposal for CSUN Design Sprint meeting

    <jemma> [13]https://www.w3.org/TR/ATAG20/

      [13] https://www.w3.org/TR/ATAG20/

    [14]https://docs.google.com/document/d/1IjErXLtXY19Ifp2bxen0msD
    2pGWoB-myFevJj3ga72g/edit#

      [14] https://docs.google.com/document/d/1IjErXLtXY19Ifp2bxen0msD2pGWoB-myFevJj3ga72g/edit

    <Jan> I have to drop for another call and am having phone
    issues anyway. I will talk to you guys on Tuesday

    <jemma> jeanne: what do you think about "day 2 - design
    prototype" session?

    <scribe> ACTION: jeanne to update the Core Research Questions
    document [recorded in
    [15]http://www.w3.org/2017/10/06-silver-minutes.html#action02]

      [15] http://www.w3.org/2017/10/06-silver-minutes.html#action02

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-127 - Update the core research
    questions document [on Jeanne F Spellman - due 2017-10-13].

    <scribe> ACTION: Jeanne to add to the Interview questions to
    broaden the scope. Other TF members to contribute [recorded in
    [16]http://www.w3.org/2017/10/06-silver-minutes.html#action03]

      [16] http://www.w3.org/2017/10/06-silver-minutes.html#action03

    <trackbot> Error creating an ACTION: could not connect to
    Tracker. Please mail <sysreq@w3.org> with details about what
    happened.

Research project sheet review & researcher reassignment

Open action items

    [17]https://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/task-forces/silver/track/actions/
    open

      [17] https://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/task-forces/silver/track/actions/open

    trackbot, close action-123

    <trackbot> Closed action-123.

    trackbot, close action-67

    <trackbot> Closed action-67.

    trackbot, close action-125

    <trackbot> Closed action-125.

    trackbot, close action-124

    <trackbot> Closed action-124.

    trackbot, close action-122

    <trackbot> Closed action-122.

    close action-121

    <trackbot> Closed action-121.

    close action-119

    <trackbot> Closed action-119.

    close action-65

    <trackbot> Closed action-65.

    <jemma>
    [18]https://es.slideshare.net/ineslaitano9/accesibilidad-web-pa
    ra-empresarios-del-sector-turstico

      [18] https://es.slideshare.net/ineslaitano9/accesibilidad-web-para-empresarios-del-sector-turstico

    Jemma: Ines Laitano wants to help with the literature review.

Summary of Action Items

    [NEW] ACTION: Jeanne to add to the Interview questions to
    broaden the scope. Other TF members to contribute [recorded in
    [19]http://www.w3.org/2017/10/06-silver-minutes.html#action03]
    [NEW] ACTION: jeanne to update the Core Research Questions
    document [recorded in
    [20]http://www.w3.org/2017/10/06-silver-minutes.html#action02]
    [NEW] ACTION: jeanne with Ryan to adapt a Informed Consent form
    to what we have agreed on. [recorded in
    [21]http://www.w3.org/2017/10/06-silver-minutes.html#action01]

      [19] http://www.w3.org/2017/10/06-silver-minutes.html#action03
      [20] http://www.w3.org/2017/10/06-silver-minutes.html#action02
      [21] http://www.w3.org/2017/10/06-silver-minutes.html#action01

Summary of Resolutions

    [End of minutes]
   
Received on Friday, 6 October 2017 15:15:23 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.4.0 : Friday, 17 January 2020 17:23:51 UTC