W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-silver@w3.org > March 2017

Minutes of the Silver Task Force meeting of 28 March 2017

From: Jeanne Spellman <jspellman@spellmanconsulting.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2017 20:38:11 -0400
To: Silver Task Force <public-silver@w3.org>
Message-ID: <ebae39a1-0f79-e21a-95bd-f2cc2cbf4027@spellmanconsulting.com>
Formatted version of the minutes: 
https://www.w3.org/2017/03/28-silver-minutes.html


Text-only version of the minutes:

    [1]W3C

       [1] http://www.w3.org/

                                - DRAFT -

                     Silver Task Force Teleconference

28 Mar 2017

    See also: [2]IRC log

       [2] http://www.w3.org/2017/03/28-silver-irc

Attendees

    Present
           Sarah, jeanne, Shawn, Jemma, Sukil

    Regrets
           Jan, Dave, Ruth

    Chair
           Shawn

    Scribe
           Jeanne, SarahHorton

Contents

      * [3]Topics
          1. [4]Research project sheet review
          2. [5]Community Group onboarding materials
      * [6]Summary of Action Items
      * [7]Summary of Resolutions
      __________________________________________________________

Research project sheet review

    Shawn: Let's look at the status of research projects.

    <Lauriat>
    [8]https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Bsqv595CnSzmUa2Tv53d
    uudNvn_ExTW6xGx-6_ECM7c/edit#gid=55201506

       [8] https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Bsqv595CnSzmUa2Tv53duudNvn_ExTW6xGx-6_ECM7c/edit#gid=55201506

    Sarah: Stanley Lam - no new information. He is working on
    deciding his project.
    ... he is on track. He has decided on his project and he is
    deciding on the plan details
    ... Peter McNally. He is doing surveys. We are talking
    tomorrow.

    Shawn: Which researchers have not yet been added to the project
    tracker.

    Sarah: The researchers in the tracker have decided on their
    project are in the project tracker. The ones that have not are
    in the Intentions tab.

    Shawn: What about Eleanor Loiacano?

    Jemma: She has set up a flier for the students, and she is in
    the process of recruiting students.

    Jeanne: I saw her brochure! I loved it. Please send it to the
    general Silver list. It might inspire other researchers with
    ideas for student outreach.

    Jemma: Takayuki Watanabe - I need to call him.
    ... Satil is on the call

    Sukil: I can share my experience in mobile accessibility and I
    try to give Korean opinion to WCAG 2.1.

    Jemma: Did David originally contact you?

    Sukil: Yes. If you have any special suggestions, please let me
    know. My experience is mobile app accessibility checking, and
    also web content accessibility checking. I have worked on the
    Korean standards.

    Jeanne: We would welcome your experience in standards
    development especially with Korean standards, and mobile and
    web accessibility checking.

    Sukil: I will share the Korean Mobile Accessibility Standards.

    Jeanne: We are not working on WCAG 2.1 here, we are working on
    what will be an equivalent of WCAG 3.0.

    Sukil: We have already developed Korean WCAG 2.1 that includes
    mobile touch sizes, for example.
    ... the Korean 2.1 is similar to WCAG, but includes small
    screen size issues. It will be translated to ENglish as soon as
    possible.

    Jemma: Can you share any research behind the Korean Mobile
    Accessibility Guidelines?

    Sukil: I will have to look into what is publicly available.

    Jeanne: Jemma has also set up the means for research
    conclusions to be shared with the Silver project, and still
    protect copyrighted and private research.

    Sarah: I think Jan has taken a lot of researchers to support,
    and let's discuss on Friday how I can help distribute that
    support so she doesn't have so many researchers to support.

Community Group onboarding materials

    <SarahHorton> Jeanne: Met to review materials that would be
    helpful to put on Community Group website to help new people
    join group

    [9]https://www.w3.org/community/silver/silver-research-projects
    /

       [9] https://www.w3.org/community/silver/silver-research-projects/

    <SarahHorton> [10]https://www.w3.org/community/silver/

      [10] https://www.w3.org/community/silver/

    <SarahHorton> Jeanne: Pages to communicate current activities
    underway so people can get information they need

    Sarah: I think it looks good. And I like the idea.
    ... I'm not sure what is the question that people would arrive
    with?
    ... I would be more inclined to separate it by project so the
    researchers could use it as a hub for their own activity.

    Jemma: I like the idea of the hub. I have to finish my post on
    Literature Review.
    ... I shared by interview with Andrew Arch on writing my
    literature review, and he suggested posting one or two research
    questions each week.

    Sarah: I'll post the first one.
    ... Does everyone in the Community Group have access to post
    blogs?

    Jeanne: I believe so. The only restriction seems to be in
    making changes to the home page, and Michael Cooper has access
    to to that.
    ... I wanted to ask Ruth if she could manage some of the
    onboard process, because she has recent experience of being new
    and discovering what information is essential.

    Sarah: Once we have it set up, I think we should post on
    WebAIM.
    ... I can talk with Pete tomorrow about posting to the CG page.
    ... many people are asking if they can talk aobut this work.

    Shawn: Who can reach out to Ruth?

    <scribe> ACTION: Jeanne to reach to Ruth and ask her to work on
    Onboarding [recorded in
    [11]http://www.w3.org/2017/03/28-silver-minutes.html#action01]

      [11] http://www.w3.org/2017/03/28-silver-minutes.html#action01

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-79 - Reach to ruth and ask her to
    work on onboarding [on Jeanne F Spellman - due 2017-04-04].

    <scribe> scribe: Jeanne, SarahHorton

Summary of Action Items

    [NEW] ACTION: Jeanne to reach to Ruth and ask her to work on
    Onboarding [recorded in
    [12]http://www.w3.org/2017/03/28-silver-minutes.html#action01]

      [12] http://www.w3.org/2017/03/28-silver-minutes.html#action01

Summary of Resolutions

    [End of minutes]
Received on Friday, 31 March 2017 00:38:49 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.4.0 : Friday, 17 January 2020 17:23:49 UTC