W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-silver@w3.org > March 2017

Minutes of Silver TF meeting of 14 March 2017

From: Jeanne Spellman <jspellman@spellmanconsulting.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2017 11:14:01 -0400
To: Silver Task Force <public-silver@w3.org>
Message-ID: <3e432b6f-1e8f-ae93-bd62-2817a95f7341@spellmanconsulting.com>
Link to formatted minutes:
https://www.w3.org/2017/03/14-silver-minutes.html

Text of minutes:

    [1]W3C

       [1] http://www.w3.org/

                                - DRAFT -

                     Silver Task Force Teleconference

14 Mar 2017

    See also: [2]IRC log

       [2] http://www.w3.org/2017/03/14-silver-irc

Attendees

    Present
           JaEunJemmaKu, jeanne, Shawn, Jan, Rachael

    Regrets
           Sarah

    Chair
           jeanne, shawn

    Scribe
           jeanne

Contents

      * [3]Topics
          1. [4]Researcher check-in
          2. [5]Plan for using Community Group
          3. [6]Researcher check-in
          4. [7]Onboarding of new folks
      * [8]Summary of Action Items
      * [9]Summary of Resolutions
      __________________________________________________________

    <Lauriat> Sarah has two researcher calls today, and has asked
    researchers to join the Community Group.

    <Lauriat> Jan will follow up with the researchers from Jeanne's
    and Shawn's piles today.

    <Lauriat> Some researchers haven't responded back, yet. If too
    busy to respond, we don't necessarily need to push - if too
    busy, then too busy.

    <Lauriat> Jeanne: Reminder that we'd like to have at least all
    of the tentative projects solid by the 23rd of March.

Researcher check-in

Plan for using Community Group

    [10]https://www.w3.org/community/silver/

      [10] https://www.w3.org/community/silver/

    <Lauriat> Jeanne: I did some more work on the community group
    page and sent out an initial email, which unfortunately didn't
    go to the community group...Michael will work with those who
    have the power to fix these things to do so.

    <Lauriat> Jeanne: Posted some links to the wiki, which also
    didn't show up. I now know how to fix that, so we'll have the
    site in better shape by next week.

    <Lauriat> ...Please encourage your researchers to sign up, so
    they can get onto a mailing list with less traffic than ours.

    [11]https://www.w3.org/community/silver/silver-research-project
    s/

      [11] https://www.w3.org/community/silver/silver-research-projects/

    <Lauriat> ...I'd like to discuss how we can use the community
    group. We can write blog posts to the community group, looking
    into how we can have researchers edit the research project wiki
    without editing the entire Silver wiki.

    <Lauriat> ...We could post the monthly update (which we have
    yet to do) to the community group. Michael suggested copying
    the minutes to the community group so people can keep up with
    what we do.

    <Lauriat> ...Any other ideas of what we could do with this
    website for the group?

    <Lauriat> ...Sarah had suggested inviting all of the
    stakeholders to join the community group, but that seems a bit
    excessive. (Shawn agrees)

    <jemma> jemma: I can create a wordpress category, literature
    review. If there are posts relevant to literature review, it
    can be tagged under literature review category.

    <Lauriat> Shawn: I'd like to send an email with links to the
    project plan and such, asking community group members to look
    through and identify where they'd like to help out and where
    their skills seem a good match.

Researcher check-in

Onboarding of new folks

    Shawn: It's related to the community group. As we get
    enthusiastic new people wanting to contribute, how can we
    channel their efforts so they contribute.
    ... onboarding new people can be a challenge because they are
    coming in after we have solidified the plan.
    ... match people with tasks that are being done right now.
    ... for people who want to contribute later, make a plan for
    pulling them in later
    ... let's start with the project plan, where do you want to
    help?
    ... we could also adjust the landing page of the website to
    help people find information and get them to activly
    participate.

    jeanne: Make a list of things that people can do right now to
    help.
    ... contribute to literature review
    ... partner with a researcher
    ... help design surveys and interview questions
    ... identify WCAG adaptations

    <scribe> ACTION: jeanne to talk to David about setting up
    onboarding steps for CG members who want to support
    researchers. [recorded in
    [12]http://www.w3.org/2017/03/14-silver-minutes.html#action01]

      [12] http://www.w3.org/2017/03/14-silver-minutes.html#action01

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-71 - Talk to david about setting up
    onboarding steps for cg members who want to support
    researchers. [on Jeanne F Spellman - due 2017-03-21].

    Jemma: I talked with Stan about his project. He will be looking
    into final deliverables and technical reports for technical
    review and editing.

    Jeanne: He is doing research, he is just going to contribute to
    editing the literature note
    ... my understanding from Sarah is that he will be working on
    the research on non-WCAG standard, and he will only contribute
    to the literature review for the final editing of a Note, if
    that is what we do.

    <jemma_> [13]https://www.w3.org/TR/wai-age-literature/

      [13] https://www.w3.org/TR/wai-age-literature/

    <Lauriat> Jeanne: Please start thinking about the kinds of
    things helpful to communicate for the onboarding process and
    page. Things like "If you want to work on X, here's what you
    need to do." That kind of thing.

    <Lauriat> Jan: I'd like to help with that. Especially as
    someone new to this, I have a lot of these questions fresh in
    mind, so I can help there.

    <jemma_> ACTION: Jemma to create Blog post for literature
    review project [recorded in
    [14]http://www.w3.org/2017/03/14-silver-minutes.html#action02]

      [14] http://www.w3.org/2017/03/14-silver-minutes.html#action02

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-72 - Create blog post for literature
    review project [on JaEun Ku - due 2017-03-21].

Summary of Action Items

    [NEW] ACTION: jeanne to talk to David about setting up
    onboarding steps for CG members who want to support
    researchers. [recorded in
    [15]http://www.w3.org/2017/03/14-silver-minutes.html#action01]
    [NEW] ACTION: Jemma to create Blog post for literature review
    project [recorded in
    [16]http://www.w3.org/2017/03/14-silver-minutes.html#action02]

      [15] http://www.w3.org/2017/03/14-silver-minutes.html#action01
      [16] http://www.w3.org/2017/03/14-silver-minutes.html#action02

Summary of Resolutions

    [End of minutes]
  
Received on Tuesday, 14 March 2017 15:14:43 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.4.0 : Thursday, 24 March 2022 20:31:41 UTC