W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-silver@w3.org > June 2017

Silver task force meeting minutes of 16 June 2017

From: Ku, Ja Eun <jku@illinois.edu>
Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2017 15:12:04 +0000
To: Shawn Lauriat <lauriat@google.com>, Jennison Asuncion <jasuncion@linkedin.com>
CC: Silver TF <public-silver@w3.org>, "shari.butler@pearson.com" <shari.butler@pearson.com>
Message-ID: <ACF35B439B891E408A70DF1C1D1D0F1B2D556F2A@CITESMBX6.ad.uillinois.edu>
Happy Friday Everyone,

Today’s meeting minute of Silver taskforce can be found here.
https://www.w3.org/2017/06/16-silver-minutes.html


Text version of meeting minute is also copied at the end of this email.
Thanks,

JaEun Jemma Ku, PhD
Internet Applications Systems Specialist
University library
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
424 Library, M/C 522
1408 West Gregory Dr.
Urbana, IL 61801
1-217-244-2145
jku@illinois.edu<mailto:jku@illinois.edu>
http://a11yfirst.library.illinois.edu/




[W3C]<http://www.w3.org/>
- DRAFT -
Silver Task Force Teleconference
16 Jun 2017
See also: IRC log<http://www.w3.org/2017/06/16-silver-irc>
Attendees
Present
Shawn, Jeanne, Jennison, Shari, Jan, JaEunJemmaKu
Regrets
Chair
Jennne, Shawn
Scribe
jemma
Contents

  *   Topics<https://www.w3.org/2017/06/16-silver-minutes.html#agenda>
1.   Literature Review strategy<https://www.w3.org/2017/06/16-silver-minutes.html#item01>

  *   Summary of Action Items<https://www.w3.org/2017/06/16-silver-minutes.html#ActionSummary>
  *   Summary of Resolutions<https://www.w3.org/2017/06/16-silver-minutes.html#ResolutionSummary>

________________________________
Literature Review strategy
jeanne: background of the discussion was how we can get help from researchers - crowdsourcing of literature review
so Jemma will create google form and feed into spreadsheet. this will be imported to zotero silver library
jemma will do QA control for literature review form responses.
jemma: form is composed of 5 blocks of required questions
... 1. citation inof(title, author, year), 2. research question, 3. methodology,4. conclusion,5. implication to silver project
... we can add more specific info to number 1, Confirm that anyone participating in the Silver project is willing to contribute their intellectual property to the W3C Silver project.
jennison: how long we can store the data?
<jeanne> ACTION: jeanne to find a reference to W3C policy for data retention. [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2017/06/16-silver-minutes.html#action01]
<trackbot> Created ACTION-95 - Find a reference to w3c policy for data retention. [on Jeanne F Spellman - due 2017-06-23].
Jeanne: I will ask w3c staff about data storage issue.
jennison: Do we want to inform researchers about this policy?
... for example, Pete has already started his research.
jeanne: We can talk this next Tuesday meeting after I confirm with Michale
jemma: we can also post this policy to the community group.
jeanne: I will add two more items under policy, data storage and continuation of studies
... data is survey result.
when we talk about data storage
Jennison: are we talking about make raw data public?
jeanne: yes
<jeanne> https://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/task-forces/silver/wiki/Research_Projects#Expectations

shari: it also matters who funded research
... if the research is publicly funded, data needs to be shared as a rule.
jennison: so the data here we are talking about is raw data collected from survey
jeanne: since w3c is one of depts of MIT so we can use MIT policy
<jeanne> ACTION: Jeanne to research the data access and retention policies of MIT, because W3C is a department of MIT in the US. [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2017/06/16-silver-minutes.html#action02]
<trackbot> Created ACTION-96 - Research the data access and retention policies of mit, because w3c is a department of mit in the us. [on Jeanne F Spellman - due 2017-06-23].
jennison: how about changing the policy, "Survey or research tools must meet WCAG 2.0 AA so that people with disabilities can fully participate in the research to
" can be changed to focus on rather output survey content than accessibility of tool
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ji8AH7KOF5IAfAQ1C8wKJ7iBrk0ADzevJ72-vJK160w/edit

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1TKlGSu0iRLrcsvod5mBs-C1krnAEtoXzmymuLLkPJow/edit

jan: We need to determine how we are going to manage the following: • Consistent communication with our researchers • Documenting details related to the research, progress, and next steps
jennison: it would be good idea to get feedback from Sarah since she is also involved with this.
shawn: also getting feedback from David would be good too.
<jeanne> We will discuss next Friday when David is here.
<Lauriat> Research project tracking sheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Bsqv595CnSzmUa2Tv53duudNvn_ExTW6xGx-6_ECM7c/edit#gid=55201506

https://www.w3.org/community/silver/?p=44&preview_id=44&preview_nonce=55f9ec6fc8&_thumbnail_id=-1&preview=true

https://www.w3.org/community/silver/?p=46&preview_id=46&preview_nonce=337784da12&_thumbnail_id=-1&preview=true

shwan: I will start writing response via email to the blog posts and other members can chime in
make log public
regret: Sarah, David
Summary of Action Items
[NEW] ACTION: jeanne to find a reference to W3C policy for data retention. [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2017/06/16-silver-minutes.html#action01]
[NEW] ACTION: Jeanne to research the data access and retention policies of MIT, because W3C is a department of MIT in the US. [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2017/06/16-silver-minutes.html#action02]


Summary of Resolutions
[End of minutes]
________________________________
Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl<http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm> version 1.152 (CVS log<http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/>)
$Date: 2017/06/16 15:04:55 $
________________________________
Scribe.perl diagnostic output
[Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.152  of Date: 2017/02/06 11:04:15
Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/


Guessing input format: Irssi_ISO8601_Log_Text_Format (score 1.00)

Succeeded: s/help/get help/
Present: Shawn Jeanne Jennison Shari Jan JaEunJemmaKu
No ScribeNick specified.  Guessing ScribeNick: jemma
Inferring Scribes: jemma
Found Date: 16 Jun 2017
Guessing minutes URL: http://www.w3.org/2017/06/16-silver-minutes.html

People with action items: jeanne

WARNING: Input appears to use implicit continuation lines.
You may need the "-implicitContinuations" option.


[End of scribe.perl<http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm> diagnostic output]





From: Shawn Lauriat [mailto:lauriat@google.com]
Sent: Thursday, June 15, 2017 10:37 AM
To: Jennison Asuncion <jasuncion@linkedin.com>
Cc: Silver TF <public-silver@w3.org>
Subject: Re: Agenda for Silver task force meeting of 16 June 2017

Absolutely, thank you for the reminder!

-Shawn

On Thu, Jun 15, 2017 at 11:26 AM, Jennison Asuncion <jasuncion@linkedin.com<mailto:jasuncion@linkedin.com>> wrote:
Should we add feedback for David's two blog posts?

Jennison

On 6/15/17, Shawn Lauriat <lauriat@google.com<mailto:lauriat@google.com>> wrote:
> agenda+ Literature Review strategy
> agenda+ DRAFT for review: Policies for using Stakeholder list
> https://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/task-forces/silver/wiki/Policies_for_use_of_Contact_Information_on_W3C_Silver_project

> agenda+ Standardizing onboarding process for researchers
> agenda+ Research project sheet review
>
> == Conference Call Information ==
> * IRC channel: #silver  [http://irc.w3.org/ W3C web IRC]
>
> * WebEx for the Weekly Work Meeting Fridays at 9:30 (14:30 UTC) for a 90
> minute working meeting
>
> ** WebEx URL: https://mit.webex.com/mit/j.php?MTID=m2f5ddabf39219866a

> a6a6c9bd15d785f
> ** Mobile Auto Dial:+1-617-324-0000<tel:%2B1-617-324-0000>,,,645921417#
> ** US Toll Number: +1-617-324-0000<tel:%2B1-617-324-0000>
> ** Meeting Number: 645 921 417
> ** Meeting Password:ask in IRC channel
>

--
Jennison Mark Asuncion
Manager, Software Engineering (Accessibility)
Engineering & Operations
www.linkedin.com/in/jennison<http://www.linkedin.com/in/jennison>

image001.png
(image/png attachment: image001.png)

Received on Friday, 16 June 2017 15:12:51 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.4.0 : Thursday, 24 March 2022 20:31:41 UTC