W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-silver@w3.org > June 2017

Minutes of the Silver Subgroup Teleconference of 02 Jun 2017

From: Sarah Horton <shorton@paciellogroup.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Jun 2017 11:13:01 -0400
Message-Id: <DFB86093-3224-4111-AE11-457998B1A249@paciellogroup.com>
To: Silver TF <public-silver@w3.org>
http://www.w3.org/2017/06/02-silver-minutes.html <http://www.w3.org/2017/06/02-silver-minutes.html>
   [1]W3C

      [1] http://www.w3.org/

                               - DRAFT -

                    Silver Task Force Teleconference

02 Jun 2017

   See also: [2]IRC log

      [2] http://www.w3.org/2017/06/02-silver-irc

Attendees

   Present
          sloandr, SarahHorton, Lauriat, jeanne, Shawn, Jan,
          Jennison

   Regrets
          Jemma

   Chair
          Shawn

   Scribe
          Sarah

Contents

     * [3]Topics
         1. [4]Research project sheet review
         2. [5]Silver budget needs
         3. [6]What can we learn from WCAG 2.1 rollout
         4. [7]Individual Silver team members research projects
         5. [8]Action item review
         6. [9]What goes in the Toolkit as part of the Action Item
            Review
     * [10]Summary of Action Items
     * [11]Summary of Resolutions
     __________________________________________________________

   trackbot, start meeting

   <trackbot> Meeting: Silver Task Force Teleconference

   <trackbot> Date: 02 June 2017

Research project sheet review

   <scribe> Scribe: Sarah

   <sloandr> Lowell Reade is interested in WCAG adaptations. We
   could use this as a case study of one organisation that created
   an adapted version, and a template for other similar
   investigations

   Jan: Has contact of researcher who is looking at WCAG
   adaptations
   ... Will share with Dave

   Sarah: Stanley starting this summer
   ... Pete will provide an update before next meeting

   Jeanne: What is status of core questions

   Sarah: Need signoff

   Dave: Will share with RQTF
   ... Will ask for feedback by early next week
   ... Will ask them to respond by Wednesday

   Jeanne: Let's sign off questions by next Friday

   Core research questions:
   [12]https://docs.google.com/document/d/1vDzSCO-mEnPB7jaAzIhOOLf
   92b0pCuzzR8u_GSWTw_M/edit

     [12] https://docs.google.com/document/d/1vDzSCO-mEnPB7jaAzIhOOLf92b0pCuzzR8u_GSWTw_M/edit

   Sarah: Dave Swallow, question about recruitment/compensation
   and core questions

   Jeanne: Will work on getting a budget, needs itemized list of
   what we need
   ... What would you need, prioritized
   ... Think about it as mini-grant, let's have meeting and figure
   out what we want, or send email

   Jennison: Looking at tokens of appreciation for help, determine
   how many participants across research studies, arrive at total
   amount
   ... Diary studies will likely require incentive

   Dave: Incentives that are guaranteed, incentives that are
   offered as reward

   Jennison: Incentives do drive participation

   Jeanne: What else do we need?

   Jan: Funds to help with meeting before CSUN

   Dave: Funding specific things, participation, meetings

   Jeanne: Meeting before CSUN will be after research, analysis,
   from there have meeting to develop prototypes

   Jennison: Also consider accommodations for meetings

   Jeanne: Can start with this, will reach out for more details as
   needed

   Jennison: Is anyone looking into impact of WCAG 2.1 on Silver?
   ... Lessons learned from 2.1 rollout, what worked, what didn't?

   Shawn: Some things looking at that directly and indirectly
   ... Will be talking to working group participants

   Jeanne: Could we add to research questions?

   Shawn: There are a few questions where it's implied

   Jeanne: How about adding a question, What might we learn from
   the rollout of WCAG 2.1?

   Jennison: Also ask question in end-user community, people who
   are in companies that need to apply the guidelines

   Jeanne: Good to look at communication around implications of
   new guidelines
   ... How would you design a rollout, document ideas, build a
   plan

   <Lauriat> I've added "What can we learn from the WCAG 2.1
   process and rollout?" to the research questions page:
   [13]https://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/task-forces/silver/wiki/Research_
   Projects#Proposed_Research_Questions

     [13] https://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/task-forces/silver/wiki/Research_Projects#Proposed_Research_Questions

Silver budget needs

What can we learn from WCAG 2.1 rollout

Individual Silver team members research projects

   <jeanne> Sarah: I think we should look at what we are doing
   individually on the team to support the research questions.

   <jeanne> Shawn: Jeanne and I have been very busy this spring,
   but this summer things should calm down. I want to work on
   individual research questions.

   <jeanne> Sarah: I think we should take Jennison's idea of
   addressing the Silver rollout as a project

   <jeanne> Jan: I want to look at how we can onboard more people
   to participate in Silver -- simplifying the Stakeholder form

   <jeanne> ... I am meeting with Jeanne on Wednesday to talk
   about Stakeholder onboarding and communication.

   <jeanne> Sarah: We need to have a way to take ideas and move
   forward with them with more participation.

   <jeanne> ... even if it is just a Google folder that we put
   ideas in that others can contribute to.

   <jeanne> ... we have talked about Foundational things that we
   have talked about we need to do the work. Like the Core
   Questions. When we get these in place, we can use the shared
   toolkit and head in the same direction.

   Jeanne: Had list of people who wanted to contribute, another
   part of toolkit is communicating to and enroll new people in
   doing work

   Sarah: We were going to do an additional outreach to
   stakeholders, were going to offer an option to opt in

   Jeanne: Were going to ask their permission to share their
   information with researchers
   ... Letter is drafted, need opt-in form

   Sarah: Maybe we should have discussion about what are things
   that need to be in toolkit

   Shawn: Going through action items and poll for research
   question prioritization
   ... Put all questions in poll and ask which are priorities for
   Silver development
   ... Want to make clear as possible that we are asking what is
   important for Silver
   ... Question, options are not directly related to development
   of silver, middle option, essential for development of Silver

   Jennison: Midpoint might be may or may not be

   Jeanne: How about useful but not essential

   Shawn: Not having required responses
   ... Concerned about people who don't have an opinion

   Jennison: What about making that a choice

   Shawn: Not directly related, Essential, and I don't have an
   opinion
   ... Will make them all required
   ... Will present options in random order so there's not implied
   prioritization
   ... Will send email to task force once draft is ready

Action item review

   [14]https://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/task-forces/silver/track/actions/
   open

     [14] https://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/task-forces/silver/track/actions/open

What goes in the Toolkit as part of the Action Item Review

   <jeanne>
   [15]https://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/task-forces/silver/track/actions/
   open

     [15] https://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/task-forces/silver/track/actions/open

   <jeanne> action-89 due 9 June

   <trackbot> Set action-89 - prepare to share bonus survey with
   tf due date to 2017-06-09.

   <jeanne> close action-86

   <trackbot> Closed action-86.

   <jeanne> Sarah - Communication with Stakeholders -- that is
   holding up the diary studies

   <jeanne> ... Stakeholders are a tool in the toolkit

   <jeanne> ... Budget will help Dave Swallow move forward in his
   study. Incentives will help with any study

   <jeanne> ... onboarding for researchers - organizing all the
   docs that researchers need for us.

   <jeanne> ... onboarding for new participants

   <jeanne> ... the Core research questions

   <jeanne> ... the Copyright policy

   <jeanne> ... policy for using the stakeholder list

   <jeanne> action-25 due 21 July

   <trackbot> Set action-25 Will reeach out to w3c members who
   informally committed resources to silver tf. due date to
   2017-07-21.

   <jeanne> Sarah: Invite people to take ownership of the
   different parts of the toolkit and work on them with others, so
   they move forward.

   <jeanne> ... other activities are dependent on them.

   Sarah: Three buckets, Stakeholders, Budget, and Onboarding

   Jeanne: Researcher Onboarding and Community Onboarding

   Sarah: I will own Researcher Onboarding budget

   Jeanne: Setting up the Google form and sending out update to
   stakeholders

   Jennison: Should stakeholder communications come from
   co-chairs?

   Sarah: Jeanne is owning Budget

   Jennison: Will coordinate Community Engagement

   Shawn: Will own Stakeholders

   Jennison: Nov 9 event, heard back from venues, they have room
   that will hold 50 people
   ... Would want to make sure attendance is open to community

   Shawn: Keep communications casual

   Jennison: First half hour mix/mingle, will turn over to
   Shawn/Jeanne to facilitate

   <scribe> ACTION: Jennison to continue work on arranging Nov 9
   meetup [recorded in
   [16]http://www.w3.org/2017/06/02-silver-minutes.html#action01]

     [16] http://www.w3.org/2017/06/02-silver-minutes.html#action01

   <trackbot> Error finding 'Jennison'. You can review and
   register nicknames at
   <[17]https://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/task-forces/silver/track/users>.

     [17] https://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/task-forces/silver/track/users

   Jennison: Meeting from 6:30 to 9, start up at 7

Summary of Action Items

   [NEW] ACTION: Jennison to continue work on arranging Nov 9
   meetup [recorded in
   [18]http://www.w3.org/2017/06/02-silver-minutes.html#action01]

     [18] http://www.w3.org/2017/06/02-silver-minutes.html#action01

Summary of Resolutions

   [End of minutes]

Sarah Horton
User Experience Strategy Lead
The Paciello Group
www.paciellogroup.com
A VFO™ Company 
www.vfo-group.com
603 252-6052 mobile

This message is intended to be confidential and may be legally privileged. It is intended solely for the addressee. If you are not the intended recipient, please delete this message from your system and notify us immediately. Any disclosure, copying, distribution or action taken or omitted to be taken by an unintended recipient in reliance on this message is prohibited and may be unlawful.


Received on Friday, 2 June 2017 15:13:33 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.4.0 : Friday, 17 January 2020 17:23:50 UTC