W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-silver@w3.org > July 2017

Minutes of the Silver Subgroup Teleconference of 28 Jul 2017

From: Sarah Horton <shorton@paciellogroup.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2017 11:00:03 -0400
Message-Id: <D66C73CE-756F-4FCE-B683-A4AE25783E99@paciellogroup.com>
To: Silver TF <public-silver@w3.org>
https://www.w3.org/2017/07/28-silver-minutes.html

   [1]W3C

      [1] http://www.w3.org/

                               - DRAFT -

                    Silver Task Force Teleconference

28 Jul 2017

   See also: [2]IRC log

      [2] http://www.w3.org/2017/07/28-silver-irc

Attendees

   Present
          sloandr, Sarah, Dave, Jeanne, Shawn, Jan, Jennison

   Regrets
          Jemma

   Chair
          Shawn

   Scribe
          Sarah

Contents

     * [3]Topics
         1. [4]Research project sheet review
         2. [5]Question bank
         3. [6]Draft of WCAG usability survey
         4. [7]Question bank
         5. [8]Open action items
            https://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/task-forces/silver/track/act
            ions/open review
     * [9]Summary of Action Items
     * [10]Summary of Resolutions
     __________________________________________________________

Research project sheet review

   <Lauriat> No updates since last time.

   Jan: Suggestion to add info about local meetup groups
   ... Could add meetups to question about accessibility topics.

   Sarah: Will look into this
   ... Diary study meeting today

   Jeanne: Working on building up a larger donation plan
   ... For diary study, thought we could go ahead with volunteers
   ... Could go to people on ad hoc basis, ask for support for
   diary study

   Sarah: Will move forward with diary study and when ready to
   launch, check in about budget and stakeholders list

   Jeanne: Check back in next Friday to discuss budget

Question bank

   <Lauriat> Question bank:
   [11]https://docs.google.com/document/d/1x_Qt9WpujgrAlKnF6ApWPam
   hSukYQXGEel6fkq93kls/edit

     [11] https://docs.google.com/document/d/1x_Qt9WpujgrAlKnF6ApWPamhSukYQXGEel6fkq93kls/edit

Draft of WCAG usability survey

   Sarah: Reviewed survey

   Shawn: Likes the three questions, learnability, memorability,
   teachability

   Jan: Likes idea of asking the three attributes with each SC
   ... What about also asking about easy to implement

   Shawn: That might be outside scope of usability
   ... What about asking questions about why?

   Jan: Relying on their definition of what learning means

   <sloandr> hi all, sorry for joining late

   Jeanne: How about adding another page with the SC and a
   question about why
   ... With perceptions, some people will want to say why

   Shawn: Implementability gets away from usability of WCAG
   itself, implementing gets into working with technology

   Jan: Usability seems like something people can use in their job

   Shawn: Implementations can get difficult depending on context

   Jan: Implementation becomes one of biggest barriers when
   working with developers

   Jennison: Are there other research studies that are covering
   implementation

   Dave: Concerned about whether we need to ask about informative
   resources (how to use, understanding)
   ... Can we understand which parts of the guidelines are
   sufficiently learnable without other resources?

   *
   [12]https://www.nngroup.com/articles/usability-101-introduction
   -to-usability/

     [12] https://www.nngroup.com/articles/usability-101-introduction-to-usability/

   Sarah: Will share more refined version on Aug 1

Question bank

   Dave: Good idea to use as a bucket to put questions we could
   ask by survey
   ... Could start by collecting questions about implementability
   ... Also ask about supporting resources
   ... Could spend time on bank creating questions that are on
   topics we would like to learn more about
   ... Questions we can use in surveys
   ... Will start on setting up question bank and share at Aug 4
   meeting

Open action items
[13]https://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/task-forces/silver/track/actions/open
review

     [13] https://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/task-forces/silver/track/actions/open

   <scribe> Scribe: Sarah

Summary of Action Items

Summary of Resolutions

   [End of minutes]


Sarah Horton
User Experience Strategy Lead
The Paciello Group
www.paciellogroup.com
A VFO™ Company 
www.vfo-group.com
603 252-6052 mobile

This message is intended to be confidential and may be legally privileged. It is intended solely for the addressee. If you are not the intended recipient, please delete this message from your system and notify us immediately. Any disclosure, copying, distribution or action taken or omitted to be taken by an unintended recipient in reliance on this message is prohibited and may be unlawful.


Received on Friday, 28 July 2017 15:00:28 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.4.0 : Friday, 17 January 2020 17:23:50 UTC