W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-silver@w3.org > July 2017

Minutes of Silver Task Force meeting of 14 July 2017

From: Jeanne Spellman <jspellman@spellmanconsulting.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2017 10:36:41 -0400
To: Silver Task Force <public-silver@w3.org>
Message-ID: <a1bd0ec9-0fb7-c479-5296-b0f8e526d0c6@spellmanconsulting.com>
Formatted minutes: https://www.w3.org/2017/07/14-silver-minutes.html


Text of minutes:

    [1]W3C

       [1] http://www.w3.org/

                                - DRAFT -

                     Silver Task Force Teleconference

14 Jul 2017

    See also: [2]IRC log

       [2] http://www.w3.org/2017/07/14-silver-irc

Attendees

    Present
           JaEunJemmaKu, ShariButler, Jeanne, Shawn

    Regrets
           Sarah, Dave, Jan, Jennison

    Chair
           Shawn

    Scribe
           jeanne

Contents

      * [3]Topics
          1. [4]Opt-in form
          2. [5]Research project sheet review
          3. [6]Opt-in form
          4. [7]Research project sheet review
          5. [8]Update for the WG
          6. [9]Open action item review
             https://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/task-forces/silver/track/act
             ions/open
          7. [10]Update for the WG
          8. [11]Open action item review
             https://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/task-forces/silver/track/act
             ions/open
          9. [12]TPAC Questions
      * [13]Summary of Action Items
      * [14]Summary of Resolutions
      __________________________________________________________

    <scribe> scribe: jeanne

Opt-in form

    [15]https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1AK37Ius6CQmnbMriByxzdSrPk7
    GJTp9N5p1m0gBioEY/edit

      [15] https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1AK37Ius6CQmnbMriByxzdSrPk7GJTp9N5p1m0gBioEY/edit

    No objections to the edits.

    RESOLUTION: Send out the Opt-in form.

    Shawn: Can we ask Sarah to send out the emails?

    Jeanne: I don't have the consistent wifi to send it.

Research project sheet review

Opt-in form

    Letter:
    [16]https://docs.google.com/document/d/1m7TvBwpAP8HY5mmBgAfLy5i
    1jz4Y4SwJt7tJ1SK2NOw/edit

      [16] https://docs.google.com/document/d/1m7TvBwpAP8HY5mmBgAfLy5i1jz4Y4SwJt7tJ1SK2NOw/edit

    Shawn: Is there a way to set up a email list via W3C tools?

    Jeanne: That could be a good idea, if the list was private.

    <scribe> ACTION: Shawn to talk to Michael Cooper about setting
    up a private email list for stakeholders. [recorded in
    [17]http://www.w3.org/2017/07/14-silver-minutes.html#action01]

      [17] http://www.w3.org/2017/07/14-silver-minutes.html#action01

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-106 - Talk to michael cooper about
    setting up a private email list for stakeholders. [on Shawn
    Lauriat - due 2017-07-21].

Research project sheet review

    Shawn: Sarah sent regrets and sent an update for Pete McNally.
    ... Pete has piloted the survey and is ready to send it out.
    ... It doesn't sound like he needs anything else from us.

    <Lauriat> Research project tracker sheet:
    [18]https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Bsqv595CnSzmUa2Tv53
    duudNvn_ExTW6xGx-6_ECM7c/edit#gid=55201506

      [18] https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Bsqv595CnSzmUa2Tv53duudNvn_ExTW6xGx-6_ECM7c/edit#gid=55201506

    Jemma: Eleanor is doing well, I don't have recent details.

    Shawn: It would be helpful to get details of where she is, if
    the survey has gone out.

    Jemma: I heard from Dr Watenabe.
    ... I got an email from him, he has published an article about
    Communication Model of Web Accessibility.
    ... his students finished their research outline, have
    interviewed 3 people who are deaf/hard of hearing.

    <jemma> Regarding Watanabe, Dr. Watanabe, Takayuki
    Communication Model of Web Accessibility Vol.30, CCIS 713, HCI
    International 2017 Posters Proceedings - Part I, Pages 80-87.

    Shawn: There was a talk about accessibility about Virtual
    Reality and Augmented Reality. It talked about applying WCAG to
    VR and AR, and also addressed needs for accessible VR and AR
    that are not covered by WCAG.

    Jemma: I will share Dr. Watenabe article to the list as well,
    as others may be interested in it.
    ... I'll look into the talk and add it to the Zotaro literature
    review.

    Shawn: We need updates from Dave and Jan

Update for the WG

    <shari> can you all hear me?

    <shari> I was giving an update on Tyson McMillin

    Shari: We met with Tyson last week. He is going to send the
    survey in mid-August once it is approved by his IRR. He is on
    track. We will meet with him next month to check how it going.
    ... We haven't met with Mike yet.
    ... We haven't met with Nancy
    ... Was anyone able to get a hold of Stephanie Wilson?

    Jemma: I did, and she said she was not going to be able to
    continue with the project.
    ... her work responsibilities have changed

    Shari: We have several meetings scheduled for meetings next
    week with researchers.

    Jemma: Eleanor's project is on schedule and it will start in
    September.
    ... I will hear on August 15 if I will get the grant I applied
    for, for grad student help with the literature review.

Open action item review
[19]https://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/task-forces/silver/track/actions/open

      [19] https://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/task-forces/silver/track/actions/open

Update for the WG

    Shawn: Jeanne did an update on the wiki.

    <Lauriat>
    [20]https://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/task-forces/silver/wiki/Monthly_U
    pdates#Silver_Update_for_2nd_Quarter_2017

      [20] https://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/task-forces/silver/wiki/Monthly_Updates#Silver_Update_for_2nd_Quarter_2017

    <jemma> I have to wait till August 15 to apply for the research
    publication funding from University library.

    Update is okay for the WCAG WG for Tuesday.

Open action item review
[21]https://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/task-forces/silver/track/actions/open

      [21] https://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/task-forces/silver/track/actions/open

    action-54 Shawn will do today

    action-67 due 21 July

    <trackbot> Set action-67 Enter the copyright policy at the top
    of the wiki page for the literature review. due date to
    2017-07-21.

    action-74 close

    close action-74

    <trackbot> Closed action-74.

    close action-92

    <trackbot> Closed action-92.

    action-94 Dave has started the Question Bank. Sarah will talk
    to Dave about it.

    action-94 due 21 July

    <trackbot> Set action-94 Start work on question bank due date
    to 2017-07-21.

    action-97 due 21 July

    <trackbot> Set action-97 Set up public project list so it can
    be referenced from david's blog post. due date to 2017-07-21.

    action-99 due 21 July

    <trackbot> Set action-99 Draw up budget based on notes from
    david and discussion in the tf meeting. due date to 2017-07-21.

    action-101 due 18 July

    <trackbot> Set action-101 Will send the opt-in form to
    individuals for their comments due date to 2017-07-18.

    action-102. Sarah reported on it last week, showed a draft. She
    is going to go ahead with it.

    action-102 due 21 July

    <trackbot> Set action-102 Complete draft of WCAG usability
    survey, test, and refine due date to 2017-07-21.

    close action-103

    <trackbot> Closed action-103.

    Jeanne: Regrets for next Tuesday call

TPAC Questions

    Jemma: I need information on TPAC to write up a justification
    for funding to attend.

    Shawn: Most of the work will be presenting to the WCAG WG. We
    will do a general presentation on Silver on Wednesday. On
    Thursday, we will be presenting at the Bay Area
    ... Accessibility Meetup at AirBnB.

Summary of Action Items

    [NEW] ACTION: Shawn to talk to Michael Cooper about setting up
    a private email list for stakeholders. [recorded in
    [22]http://www.w3.org/2017/07/14-silver-minutes.html#action01]

      [22] http://www.w3.org/2017/07/14-silver-minutes.html#action01

Summary of Resolutions

     1. [23]Send out the Opt-in form.

    [End of minutes]
      __________________________________________________________
Received on Friday, 14 July 2017 14:37:19 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.4.0 : Thursday, 24 March 2022 20:31:41 UTC